Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skoeben
Level 7

False Artemis!E7E1537AA765

Jump to solution

Hello,

The mobib program is used to upload credit on a mobile transport card It always detects a artemis!E7E1537AA765 Analysis ID: 10384418

-----Original Message-----

From: Virus_Research@avertlabs.com [mailto:Virus_Research@avertlabs.com]

Sent: donderdag 6 juli 2017 13:30

Subject: 10384418 - false: artemis detected

McAfee Labs - Beaverton

Current Scan Engine Version:5900.7806                                                

Current DAT Version:8582.0000

Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 10384418

File Name Findings Detection Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

mobib_reader_setup.e|inconclusive                  |                            |            |no

inconclusive [mobib_reader_setup.exe]

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is 

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if   

detection of this sample is warranted.

Note –

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important that all       

submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password - infected). Some

products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in this way. In 

addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been infected, to find    

later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was cleaned somewhere  

along the line.

Regards,

McAfee Labs

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!E7E1537AA765

Jump to solution

I just recieved the following Correspondence from my cantact at McAfee Labs;

Hi Cliff,

This file has been analysed and confirmed to be non-malicious. It has been whitelisted and will no longer be detected.

Regards,

Nick

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I have contacted a engineer from McAfee labs on your behalf.

Your escalated Ticket number is as follows; Ticket #: AM001060 - False Artemis/Analysis ID

We should hear something back in short order.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I just recieved the following Correspondence from my cantact at McAfee Labs;

Hi Cliff,

This file has been analysed and confirmed to be non-malicious. It has been whitelisted and will no longer be detected.

Regards,

Nick

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos