cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tez
Level 7

False Artemis!DC36FA6A5BB5

My macafee plus provided by BT quarantines my "Speed up my computer" software from Uniblue every time I install it. I have tried various solutions from Uniblue support and restoreing it via the Macafee software but all to no avail.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Artemis!DC36FA6A5BB5

Personally I wouldn't recommend using that kind of software.  Usually it creates problems in the end.

However, it's your choice of course.

This may help: 

0 Kudos
tez
Level 7

Hi Peter, I have been using Uniblue software for four years and have found it very beneficial. I recently started using Macafee as it came free with a BT package. It does not have a facility to manage the software I want to use so I am more likely to uninstall McAfee than uniblue if I can't resolve this.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The owner of Uniblue needs to read the bold blue text half way down that link I posted and submit the software for review.

Over the years that software has popped up periodically so it's possible each new edition needs clearance with A/V companies.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

I took the liberty of marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered'. As there has been no correspondence in almost 3 months.

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tez
Level 7

The reason I have not responded is that I gave up. It still believes Uniblue is a virus so every time I want to use speed up my computer I have to turn off real time scanning, reinstall Uniblue, run the soft ware which is excellent at cleaning up my files etc and getting my computer running quicker. As soon as I turn real time scanning on again it tells me I have a virus and takes out my Uniblue software again.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Did you ever submit your detection to McAfee Labs to be Analyzed\Evaluated? If you do\or did could you kindly provide me a Analysis ID # I can then contact someone on your behalf, and get it escalated.

Sincerely,

Cliff\CD.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos