cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jade_deamon
Level 7

False Artemis!DAAB0D4516C8

Jump to solution

This is the second program that I have downloaded in two days, scanned, and had removed because of this Artemis virus. When I clicked on the threat name to check it online, it said there were no results. Can someone please help me!!!! I still have the link to the program and would really like to download and install it. I just dont wanna screw up my laptop. It is only an emulator and it says it is coming right from the company that made it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinoo
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!DAAB0D4516C8

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting. The false has been fixed and should go away in an hour.

Best,

Vinoo

0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow these guidelines/instructions :

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jade_deamon
Level 7

Jump to solution

I followed the steps, sent them an email, and there was also a section that said i could post on this forum to see if there was anyone else that could helpme

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@jade_deamon,

After your Successful Submission, you should have received a Confirmation from McAfee Labs, with a Analysis ID #.  Please allow 4-5 Buisness days to be analyzed/processed. If for some reason the case it isn,t, Kindly post back the Analysis ID #, we can contact a Technician/Engineer from McAfee Labs to quite possibly expedite the process.

Please understand they receive 150,000 plus detections on a daily basis.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jade_deamon
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well, it's been four weeks, I have sent two emails, and I haven't heard anything. I even sent an email asking why I haven't heard anything last week and I still haven't even gotten. Response to that. What gives?

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

No-one's responded? That's unusual. We'll try to find out why you haven't heard anything.

In the meantime, I have a suggestion. If you can take that file out of quarantine, save it somewhere - put it in a Temp directory - and then upload it to VirusTotal for an up-to-date analysis. The file is showing elsewhere as being detected as malicious or suspicious by 13 anti-virus vendors including McAfee (but not Microsoft). That, though, was a couple of months ago. The detections are mostly not of malware, so the file may be safe. See what VirusTotal has to say.

Here's the last report on that file -

Malware scan of PSeMu3.exe (PS3 Emulator 1.3.3.9) 75aebbb45828733427e0963a948c59a3b16fb914 - herdPro...

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@jade_deamon,

Please know that I have pinged someone from McAfee Labs,on your behalf. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

All the very best

Catdaddy

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@jade_deamon,

Please confirm that your issue has been resolved. I appropriately marked this thread answered. Thank you for your patience.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
vinoo
Level 13

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting. The false has been fixed and should go away in an hour.

Best,

Vinoo

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you, once again for your prompt assistance to this issue.

Cheers,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos