cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epizzl
Level 7

False Artemis!D71085238BD6

Installing Assassin's Creed Rogue from DVD-Rom I receive an anti-virus warning during installation of the file uplay_string.exe

Artemis!D71085238BD6

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!D71085238BD6

Please try following these Guidelines/Instructions to get your Detection Analyzed/Processed  ;

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Upon a successful submission, you should receive a Analysis ID# with your confirmation from McAfee Labs. If after 4-5 business days your issue is still not resolved. Please post back and furnish us that. We can then contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and escalate.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you please let us know if your issues has been resolved? Or if you need further assistance.

Any Response would be greatly appreciated,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
epizzl
Level 7

I could not extract the file in question from the DVD, as it is "read-only." I tried several ways around this (per Google searches), to download the flagged file, and was unsuccessful.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I will contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf. Did you follow the Guidelines/Suggestions in that Faq Inserted? Remove it from quarantine/zip it. and password protect it using the word  infected  ?

( Actually we need the Analysis ID # or Work Item # ) before escalating it.

Or run the McAfee Getsusp Tool, remember to enter your Address under 'Preferences' before scanning. This can be found in that link. If by chance I am unable to respond back, I am certain one of my Colleague's will add to the discussion.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Were you capable of running the McAfee Getsusp Tool to submit your detection? If so there should be a 'Work Item ID' associated with it. I was notified by my contact at McAfee Labs that they have been inundated/Short staffed, however are aware of your issue.

If possible, please furnish the 'Work Item ID' which will immensely help expedite the process.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please let us know if your issues are resolved, or if you need further assistance? If not I will consider this thread as 'Assumed Answered'. And you can start another thread.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Marked as 'Assumed Answered' No responses.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos