Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomasm
Level 7

False Artemis!D38EB21288CC

Jump to solution

Good morning.

We're developing some software, which is reported by McAfee as Artemis!D38EB21288CC, and by McAfee-GW-Edition as Artemis!Trojan

That is false positive.

Our exe file is downloadable here:

Sorry please do not link to detected files it is against forum TOS.

The exe is signed by company certificate.

We're ready to provide full source codes to prove that there is nothing malicious in our software

Please be so kind and fix your antivirus so it does not falsely report our software as threat.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!D38EB21288CC

Jump to solution

I've located the sample, and reviewed it.  I didn't see anything malicious with Tiny Download Manager 2.3, and have whitelisted the file.

- David

0 Kudos
15 Replies
tomasm
Level 7

Jump to solution

I should probably note that I've emailed virus_research@mcafee.com many times with no response whatsoever, and that is the reason I'm posting on this forum.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

What To Do When McAfee Detects Legitimate Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & ...

Follow the email submissions and zip and password protect the file. You will get an immediate reply with an analysis ID number post that here and if not addressed in 4 days post back and I will escalate it direct to the lab techs

When you emailed them did you do it this way with a password protected zip file as above?

0 Kudos
tomasm
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nope, I didn't attach the zip file with password 'infected', because my file is NOT infected.

0 Kudos
tomasm
Level 7

Jump to solution

It turns out I am unable to send zipped exe files. My ISP's smtp server refuses password protected ZIP files in general. And gmail refuses exe file in ZIP.

So I renamed the exe file to .txt and then encrypted it in password-protected zip archive. This time it was sent properly. But no immediate reply at all. Not even any reply at all again after 10 minutes. Most likely your system doesn't like the .txt extension instead of exe.

Unfortunately I have no possible way how to email you the exe file.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Due to Colleague Peacekeeper's Geographical location, I am certain he will  do his best to further assist you after he awakes. He has dealt with this issue before.

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I will send you my contact details. I will then zip it on your behalf.

Wish I copied the link before removing it.

Email coming

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

I've located the sample, and reviewed it.  I didn't see anything malicious with Tiny Download Manager 2.3, and have whitelisted the file.

- David

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

David I had zipped and submitted two files on tomasm's behalf

Analysis ID: 9514129 tinydm.exe

Analysis ID: 9514128  tinydm_setup.exe

Can you please check the 1 you did not.

Thanks for whitelisting the file

0 Kudos