cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Artemis!D118E594463E‏

Hi! I recently bought a game from gamingdragons.com, the Fallout Collection. I got an email with a link to a website where i had to download the installer for the game.. However, when I tried clicking on the website link, my Mcafee quarantines the threat as Artemis!D118E594463E. I was able to download one of the games without any hassle, however the other two are still being quarantined whenever I try to download the installer off the website. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!D118E594463E‏

Please try these following Guidelines/Instructions to resolve your issue: 

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

CD you need to sleep

At least the user has got the same reply so 2 heads better than 1

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

For each detection submit the file as per

You will get an immediate reply if you did it correctly with an analysis id number. Post that here and if it is not fixed in 4 days post back and I will escalate the issue to the lab guys.

0 Kudos

ive tried sending the email, but I don't think I'm sending it right because I'm not getting an Id, simply stuff like "all questions can be answred in the technical center"

also, this game was bought off a seemingly legitimate game key site, so I'm not 100% sure that it might be legit software

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Grab the file 1 for each email and zip the file  and password protect the zip with password "infected" (without the "s)

Is this the consumer version of McAfee or corporate/enterprise?

If you still have an issue we will try another way the getsusp way as mentioned in the link above.  How big are these files that could be an issue with your submission.

0 Kudos

The thing is, the link is on a website, i dont have the file on my computer, and i just tried to save the link as a folder so i can zip it but mcafee grabbed it again, said it was a trojan, and suggested i restart my computer, so i did.The installer in itself is only 925kb, but im sure its not the same for the game since its a full product. I emailed the site that sold me it and they said it was a false positive, so im going to try that.

I have the consumer version of mcafee.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

If McAfee is grabbing it disable the real time scanner while you download the file(s) and zip them up separately and email them to the address I gave you. Then re-enable the real time scanner.

Alternatively is the file showing in navigation/quarantined and trusted items? If so you can disable RTS and restore it from there.

0 Kudos
sol
Level 9

You could try contacting the webmaster or support person of the website and explain to them what is happening. They may want to send these files to McAfee to be white listed for all their customers. you can submit a sample to this address and have use the "Artemis False" for issue type.  Provide them the address as well

You might also try sending them the quarantined file on your C:\ drive. They could possibly obtain it through that

0 Kudos