cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwompki
Level 7

False Artemis!CFCA9C8D44AD

Hello all,

First post here.  I submitted the False Artemis to virus_research@mcafee.com one week ago on 12/22 but have gotten no feedback so I decided to post here as well.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!CFCA9C8D44AD

Please refer to a similar thread :

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
gwompki
Level 7

Thanks catdaddy.  In the meantime is there a way to at least mute these alerts for my users without disabling Artemis??  Our helpdesk is being flooded by support requests because VSE is deleting this legitimate file. 

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm relatively new to the McAfee VSE and EPO platforms.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Now that you have mentioned that this is a Corporate issue. Did you use the Corporate method of submittal?

Corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

In addition, since my knowledge is limited to Consumer. The only recommendation I can suggest, is to possibly contact your security team, or through your service portal. It may be that someone from Management/Enterprise are patrolling the Forums, and pick up this thread. And offer more assistance.

Please excuse me for (My) lack of knowledge in regards to your next step to take.

Thank you for your patience,

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

0 Kudos
gwompki
Level 7

Thanks catdaddy...I'm a dummy, somehow completely missed that the submission method I used was not for VSE.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are quite welcome,  Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Wishing a Happy/Safe/and Prosperous New Year...

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

If no fix in 4 days post back with the analysis Id number and we will ping a lab tech.

0 Kudos