cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwh7490
Level 7

False Artemis!CABE38EFFD41

McAfee LiveSafe falsely detected a Trojan in Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2016 and reported it as "Artemis!CABE38EFFD41".

Uniblue's support website advised me to report it on both this forum and by email to Virus_Research@avertlabs.com .

McAfee Support FAQs advises me that "Artemis" codes refer to detection by the Heuristic Detection component of McAfee, which can sometimes get false positives if legitimate software behaves in certain ways.

I also have Malwarebytes AntiMalware installed and this reported "Potentially Unwanted Program" 3 times during the installation process, so I had to Restore from Quarantine and register the parent folder as Trusted before I could continue by manually executing the restored quarantined component.  This occurred on the initial downloaded installer file "speedupmypc.exe", "standalone-setup.exe" (a component run after being unpacked) and on the finally installed executable also called "speedupmypc.exe" .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!CABE38EFFD41

​,

It is a frequent occurrance for  Steam/Minecraft and other Gaming installer packages to be detected as such. I recommend you following these guidelines/instructions to get the detection analzyed/processed

All the very best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Just a follow-up, could you kindly confirm if you are experiencing issues still? Looking forward to getting your case resolved.

Regards,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

I am taking the liberty of marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' , due to no further correspondence.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Locking this thread as it is 'Assumed Answered'

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos