Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwizzu
Level 9

False Artemis!C6FF43A20974 for FastestTube for IE installer

Jump to solution

Hi!

We are developing FastestTube browser extension for all major browsers, including IE.

FastestTube is a tool which allows users to download video from Youtube and also provide some Youtube usability improvements like a filtering ads inside video player and preventing video from playing without user's command. Official site of FastestTube is http://fastesttube.kiwzzu.com

As for few days we received information that our installer of the FastestTube for IE (fastesttube_2.2.11.0.exe) are detected by McAffee as the Artemis!C6FF43A20974 and I think it's a false positive detection.

As suggested here: I sent the sample via email to virus_research@mcafee.com and posting the same information here.

FastestTube for IE is implemented as a BHO to be able to communicate with Youtube pages inside the IE, but it is absolutely harmless. It does not collect any security-sensual or privacy-sensual information.

Please help us to solve this and remove false-positive detection. I can provide any additional information or file samples by request.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely yours, Serg, FastestTube developer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!C6FF43A20974 for FastestTube for IE installer

Jump to solution

Hello, I've reviewed the program, and didn't see an malicious behavior.  I have marked the file as clean.

- David

17 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If your submission was successful. You should have received a confirmation from McAfee Labs, with a Analysis ID# associated with it. Please allow 4-5 business days for it to be Analyzed/Processed. While the method you used will most likely suffice, if it is your individual Software that is being detected. You may try this method as well: Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
kwizzu
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, I received email with Analysis ID: 9526199 and information thet "Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is being sent for further processing". Thank you for estimating the time, we'll wait for solution.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick response. If your issue is not resolved in 4-5 business days. I will contact someone on your behalf at McAfee Labs, and quite possibly can expedite your issue.

Thank you for your Patience.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I might add also, it may be beneficial that you contact 'Site Advisor/Web Advisor' and create a ticket to get your Site Reviewed/Rated. Even though this is a separate issue (Being Artemis!). Follow these Guidelines/Instructions:

Trusted Source being the most expedient.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
kwizzu
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks! We'll additional contact Site Advisor team about our site

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite Welcome . However until McAfee Labs has Whitelisted/Cleared those Detections. I must remove the Links you inserted for Safety reasons. I hope you understand...

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you kindly confirm that your issues are resolved?

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I might add that after doing a 'Site Report' by McAfee Web Advisor, it was rated as 'Unverified' ? Could it quite possibly be the 'Download' to your product?  http://fastesttube.kiwzzu.com/ - Website - McAfee Labs Threat Center

I see after revisiting your opening thread, that it must indeed be your Download (exe) that is being detected.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
kwizzu
Level 9

Jump to solution

catdaddy wrote:

I might add that after doing a 'Site Report' by McAfee Web Advisor, it was rated as 'Unverified' ? Could it quite possibly be the 'Download' to your product?  http://fastesttube.kiwzzu.com/ - Website - McAfee Labs Threat Center

Sorry, not fully understood the question. I don't know if the McAffee desktop products blocks access to our site due to such a status or not, but I will check it, thank you for suggestion.

In fact, FastestTube can be downloaded from Removed Possibily Malicious Download By Moderator

0 Kudos