cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Artemis!C446A6511ED3

Hello, I use FUSION lidar software from the US Forestry Service for my Phd research.

When trying to download the latest 3.6 version I get the trojan warning and cannot access the installer. I have installed this version on other machines with no problem.

Software is at

FUSION Version Check

Thank you

EDIT: I forgot to mention I also sent an email to McAffee for this issue, support page I found mentionned posting in this forum as well

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!C446A6511ED3

Did you follow these instructions?  Submit a virus or malware sample

I assume this is a Corporate product you are subscribed to?

or

When McAfee detects legit software as infection

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Yes, the university uses the Enterprise product. I am admin on my machine but cannot modify anything about McAffee

I followed the instructions in the second link (how I wound up here), I cannot submit the file because I McAffee deletes the download (clean and delete buttons are greyed out, see above admin comment) so not quite sure what else I can provide.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Can you submit to Virustotal .com and kindly provide us the information here,and we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf and escalate?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Yes, I will do so when I get home (I can download the file there) and report back. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You're welcome 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

I can't link directly to the results and when I try to copy paste the results, this forum says that I am trying to upload unauthorized content (just pasting plain text).

Will close this, this is getting too convoluted to be worth it. Will just bring the file to school on USB key.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you try to Private Message me. I will follow you simply click Okay/Done. We can see if that works. If not I will await your further input.

We (will) get this resolved for you.

Hover over my Avatar...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos