cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faust6
Level 7

False Artemis!B9F7AC8C0DD9

Jump to solution

Can someone ping the intelligent McAfeee Engineers to accelerate analysis on this file. I've already submitted the file through email for analysis. Analysis ID: 9890029 and File Name: [reginout_setup.exe]

The file was added to the McAfee whitelist previously.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!B9F7AC8C0DD9

Jump to solution

I've reviewed and whitelisted the file. It shouldn't be detected after about 30 min to an hour.

- David

0 Kudos
12 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If I may ask when was it you submitted the File? Evidently there is a 'New Version'?

I indeed can recall the File name and your Username regarding such in the past

The reason of my asking, is that we have a 'Protocol' to follow before requesting Escalation.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
faust6
Level 7

Jump to solution

I submitted the file on March 11, 2016

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply   I will contact someone on your behalf in short order.

As you know from prior experiences, it generally takes around 4-5 (Buisness) days to get a detection to be Analyzed/Whitelisted.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Please allow adequate time for submissions to be processed (at least 3 to 5 working days - the weekend is not a working day).  Less than 2 working days is not sufficient time.   So nothing is guaranteed here.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As Colleague Ex_Brit stipulated, since the Engineer's are already inundated on a daily basis, with over 347 new variants of 'Malware' every minute/over 150,000 detections daily. We have to wait at least the minimum amount of (Buisness) days before escalating.

I am sure you understand, as this file has been whitelisted in the past.

However as mentioned, McAfee has to Analyze this new Detection to assure it is safe also.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you kindly confirm that your issue is indeed resolved? I took the liberty of marking this thread as 'Correctly Answered'. Due to the fact that David is from McAfee Labs.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

I've reviewed and whitelisted the file. It shouldn't be detected after about 30 min to an hour.

- David

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Wow !!!!   That was really quick..

Thanks David !

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
faust6
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks CD, Ex_Brit and David. I respect your time and was ready to wait However, McAfee team did super fast work. Thanks again

0 Kudos