cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smuddu
Level 7

False Artemis! Artemis!D7EC8CE4E746

Jump to solution

One of our document management applications appears to be triggering this error codes:

Artemis!D7EC8CE4E746

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis! Artemis!D7EC8CE4E746

Jump to solution

Vinod is correct, if you have a support agreement, contacting Gold support is by far your fastest path to resolution.  As you can imagine, forum responses can vary wildly.

I've marked this file as clean, and within an hour, won't be detected any longer.

(There is a distinction between submitting the sample, and actually escalating the case.  Once you submit it, you should always follow it up with a call to Support. This will ensure it's prioritized appropriately.)

16 Replies
fortja
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are seeing this when an install of Innova Litera - a line of business application is being installed via SCCM on a windows 7 machine.  We believe it is a false positive and have sent samples to McAfee Labs
McAfee Labs Service Request # 4-8970969901, 4-8971002841, 4-8970707741

WE need to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks for your attention.

Jim

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Due to the large Volume of detections on a daily basis (150,000) or more. We generally allow several business days or more for McAfee Labs to Analyze/Process. If for some reason the detection is not suppressed/cleared by then.

We ask to kindly post back the Analysis ID #, and we can contact a Technician/Engineer from McAfee Labs to expedite the process.

Consumer

Corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
smuddu
Level 7

Jump to solution

-- we are stlll seeing Artemis false positives for install of Innova Litera.  Please expedite this and let us know if you need anything else from us.  I wasn't sure what the Analysis ID was, so please see the information I gathered below:

Threat Names: Artemis!D7EC8CE4E746

Product Name: VirusScan Enterprise

Product Version: 8.8

Engine Version: 5700.7163

DAT Version: 7744.0000

Detection Method: OAS

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Have you attempted to follow the Guidelines/Instructions I inserted ? Once you have successfully submitted the Artemis! Files, you will almost immediately get a confirmation from McAfee Labs. With-in this confirmation there will be a Analysis ID #.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
smuddu
Level 7

Jump to solution

- we submitted the files and received  a service request number for each submission, but not an analysis ID.  We posted the service request numbers earlier:

McAfee Labs Service Request # 4-8970969901, 4-8971002841, 4-8970707741

Here is an example what the responses from McAfee look like:

Thank you for opening a McAfee Labs Service Request through the McAfee Support ServicePortal.

McAfee Labs Service Request # 4-8971002841 has been created.

Issue Type: Artemis False
Summary: This is sample which detected as Artemis!D7EC8CE4E746 which we think as false positive.
Description: This is sample which detected as Artemis!D7EC8CE4E746 which we think as false positive. Product: VirusScan Enterprise Version: 8.8

To view or update this service request go to https://support.mcafee.com/ServicePortal

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I apologize for my delayed response. I have been in meetings all afternoon. Please know that I just contacted a Engineer on your behalf. The reason you did not receive a Analysis ID #, is because you submitted it through your Service Portal.

The Service Request numbers will suffice. Please keep check for any further confirmation, and I will indeed do so as well.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Jump to solution

Enterprise users have an established process  and you might get an Extra dat from your service portal- kindly route requests to that direction its the best established route and often the fastest if you do not see response with a certain timelines you have well defined escalation metrics as well. to start of talk to your IT person. if you are reaching support you might need your grant number

the comment is only for enterprise users- for consumer segment follow the general guidelines-wait for couple of days and if you do not see responses let any of the helpers know.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you Vinoo...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11