cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bibliomusic
Level 7

False Artemis! Artemis!D193B9A1C831

Jump to solution

This is my older version of Newsleecher, marked erroneously as a trojan and not able to restore it.

I want it excluded from scan or markable as a "trusted item" but it never appeared on "Quarantined items" listing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis! Artemis!D193B9A1C831

Jump to solution

This file has FINALLY been marked as clean

MD5 Hash: d193b9a1c83105b9e1077219009de536

Sorry it took so long

- David

0 Kudos
34 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You can try following these Guidelines/Instructions ;

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bibliomusic
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. That was the exact page I found to start this whole thing! I appreciate the help

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome   You should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs when your submission is sent. Allow the appropriate time for the Labs to process/analyze (3-4) days.

If not resolved by then, Kindly post back the Analysis ID #  you should have received with your confirmation.

And we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and quite possibly expedite the process.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bibliomusic
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's been over a week and no action has been taken or at least none that was sent to me. What do I do now? I can't use the program on either of my computers because I have McAfee installed on both!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Did you follow the instructions from the Document I inserted ? If you submitted the Detection successfully, you would have received an almost immediate confirmation, with an Analysis ID #.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bibliomusic
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I followed the instructions. Here is my email that I sent to virus research; perhaps there's an error?

Subject:

False Artemis! Artemis!D193B9A1C831

Peter Brown ' Personal Email Address removed By Moderator '

Date:

5/29/2015 11:21 AM

To:

virus_research@mcafee.com

This is my older version of Newsleecher and has been checked previously

by Norton as safe. I want it excluded from scan, but it never showed up

in the "quarantined and trusted items" so that I could mark it!

-- Peter Brown Reply to 'Personal Phone number and Email Address Removed By Moderator'

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you zipped it and password protected it. You should have received a confirmation. You can also try running the McAfee Getsusp Tool. Simply remember to add your email address under 'Preferences' before scanning.

During the interim, I will contact a Engineer on your behalf. However please keep in mind it is the weekend. I am going to remove your personal phone number/email address for your own safety.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bibliomusic
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just realized that when I had sent the email message, I did not send the file itself, to the virus research address! Now there's a problem: the file that was detected was quarantined, but I was never given the option to mark the file as safe. I found the folder that the zipped quarantined file was saved to, but it's encrypted. If I send it, will McAfee be able to decrypt the file or do they/you need one of the log files to help?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you zipped the file and used the password 'infected', simply resend the file to McAfee Labs. You will realize when your submission is successful, when you almost immediately receive a confirmation back from the Labs. At this time please post back the Analysis ID #.

' See Below'

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos