cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beb
Level 8

False Artemis!AEE8DFF3B6C3

Jump to solution

I received Artemis!AEE8DFF3B6C3 message and download was quarantined.  I was trying to download NeoSmart Technologies latest Easy USB Creator Lite.  I posted on NeoSmart's forum and was told to send you this info.  I am thinking this is a false positive.  Attached picture of Quarantined Items.  I tried 3 different times to download this file.  All three were quarantined.

Thank you.

Long time McAfee user.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
beb
Level 8

Re: False Artemis!AEE8DFF3B6C3

Jump to solution

I just went to NeoSmart website and I was able to successfully download Easy USB Creator.  McAfee allowed it (and I re-scanned it a couple of more times) and I also scanned it with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and my download came up clean so all is well now.  I had posted on NeoSmart forums too and it appears one of their staff members submitted the false positive to the AV's that were flagging it suspicious.  Looks like the issue has been solved.  I appreciate all the helpful advice.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@beb,

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions:

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@beb,

I just thought I would add, that when you submit your Detections. You should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs, and associated with it will be a Analysis ID #. Due to the large volume of detections on a daily basis. Please allow 4-5 business days in order to be Analyzed/Processed.

Should the case be that your issues are not resolved. Kindly post back the Analysis ID #. I will then contact someone from the Labs on your behalf, and quite possibly can expedite the process.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

Do you have the analysis ID from the email response from McAfee Labs?  We do not have this file in our database, and need to ensure it's submitted, so it can be properly reviewed.

- David

beb
Level 8

Re: Re: False Artemis!AEE8DFF3B6C3

Jump to solution

I have not received an email reply from the email I sent to McAfee Virus Detection Research.  I will send the analysis ID from the reply email when I get it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@beb,

Did you zip it and password protect it , as suggested in the Faq I inserted? For if you had successfully submitted it, you would automatically have got a Confirmation with the Analysis id #.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
beb
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just went to NeoSmart website and I was able to successfully download Easy USB Creator.  McAfee allowed it (and I re-scanned it a couple of more times) and I also scanned it with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and my download came up clean so all is well now.  I had posted on NeoSmart forums too and it appears one of their staff members submitted the false positive to the AV's that were flagging it suspicious.  Looks like the issue has been solved.  I appreciate all the helpful advice.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Then I will mark this thread answered. Glad that all is okay

All the very best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos