cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sda007
Level 7

False Artemis!AE789654C673

Jump to solution

McAfee is blocking a file when I'm trying to unzip a folder.  Showing Artemis!AE789654C673.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!AE789654C673

Jump to solution

Hey guys, this was resolved on 3/14/2016 4:09:30 PM

Can you please confirm if you are still seeing any detections?

- David

0 Kudos
32 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Try following these guidelines/Instructions ;

You will need to zip it and password protect it using the word   infected  before submitting. If you find it difficult to do ,you may also use the McAfee 'Getsusp' Tool. Simply enter your email address under 'Preferences' before you scan, if you elect to use it.

I might also add, that upon a successful submission, you will receive a confirmation from McAfee.

All the very Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

It generally takes 4-5 business days to be Analyzed/Processed. If for some reason after this period of time it is not. Kindly post back the Analysis id # associated with your confirmation, and we can escalate your case by contacting a Engineer from McAfee Labs.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sda007
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried sending the password protected zip file through gmail, but it was blocked.   Gmail doesn't allow password protected zip files as well as sending .exe files.  Any recommendation on how to go about sending the password protected zip file?

Thanks,
Shane

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Shane,

In that case use the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool, simply enter your email address under 'Preferences' in the Interface before scanning. You should receive a confirmation from McAfee with a (Work Item ID #).

( Note)  You can obtain this tool in the 'FAQ' I inserted in Post #1.

Please kindly post back and let us know if you received a (Work Item ID#)

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Shane,

Please let me know if you were successful in submitting your Sample/Detection. Before moving forward in an effort to resolve your issue, I will need to know this before escalating.

Thank You,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sda007
Level 7

Jump to solution

Submission through GetSusp (Reference WorkItemID: 2012924)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you .....I have sent a request on your behalf for your issue to be escalated.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sda007
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Cliff! The program that I'm trying to use is still being blocked.  Other users have reported the same issue, and the developers have stated it is in fact a false positive.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are most welcome. I will give it another day and touch base again with the Engineer from McAfee Labs. They have been inundated lately. If you hear back anything during the interim, please apprise.

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos