cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nisarga
Level 7

False Artemis!9F8545876105

Is there a way to add an exception or to trust an Artemis that McAfee Quarantines?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Artemis?

Moved to Artemis Discussion.

Can you post the Artemis number please?  That way any staff perusing this area will recognize it, hopefully.

No there is no way to trust it until the labs have cleared it.

Artemis is the generic name given to anything unknown that is possibly dangerous.

The labs already have a record of it if it was given an Artemis number (should be in Navigation : Quarantined and Trusted Items).

This may help: 

0 Kudos
nisarga
Level 7

Re: False Artemis?

False Artemis!9F8545876105

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Artemis!9F8545876105

OK thanks, have amended the thread header.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

After following the Guidelines/Instructions in the FAQ that Colleague Ex_Bit inserted. Upon a successful submission, you should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs. Associated with it will be a Analysis id #. Due to the Immense volume of detections on a daily basis, please allow 4-5 business days in order to be Analyzed/Processed.

If for some reason your issue is not resolved, kindly post back and furnish us the Analysis ID #. Then we can contact McAfee Labs on your behalf and escalate your issue.

Wishing you all the very Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Volunteer Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nisarga
Level 7

Thanks - I did submit the False Artemis as per the directions - I got an email that asked to confirm my email address - there was no mention of the ID of the Artemis. Maybe I should submit it again?

0 Kudos
nisarga
Level 7

I submitted it again.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you for your prompt response   Please make sure you (Zip it and Password protect it using the word  ( infected  )  .

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Have you received a confirmation from McAfee Labs that your submission was successful? With it should be a Analysis ID #.

Thank You

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you kindly inform us if your issues have been resolved please? Or if you need further Assistance?

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos