cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fppilot
Level 7

False Artemis!9EE6387CC397

Jump to solution

This is a .dll file, gtninterface.dll, that is part of a third party GPS gauge for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The developer is Flight 1 and the full product name is Flight 1GTN750. My McAfee Total Protection blocks it from installation, and if I install with scanning off McAfee quarantines it and will not allow it to function. Please help me resolve this.

-Frank

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397

Jump to solution

Now the file is properly whitelisted, please confirm it on your end.

- David

0 Kudos
49 Replies
Highlighted
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions;

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
fppilot
Level 7

Jump to solution

Catdaddy,

That is the exact web page that sent me here!  On that page: "...Also post  in the Artemis forum with the Artemis number as the header and put an explanation in the body of the post."

I seem to be in a repetitive loop! This has become very frustrating, Will anyone here work on my issue?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi ,

When you correctly have submitted your Detection, you will almost immediately receive confirmation from McAfee Labs, with it will be an Anaylysis ID#.

NOTE:  Due to the large volume of detections on a daily basis (150,000 or more) please allow 4-5 business days for the submission to be analysed & processed.

Also there is a limit of 10Mb file size on submissions so if your file is bigger post in the Artemis or malware forum and provide a link to it and a mod will forward the file's link to McAfee.

DO NOT ATTACH SAMPLES TO POSTS !

If you do get a reply, post the analysis Id number in the thread.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
fppilot
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here is the reply I received:

Analysis ID: 9491031

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

gtninterface.dll    |inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [gtninterface.dll]                                                                   

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As the file is determined 'Inconclusive' since tomorrow is a workday, I will contact an Engineer from McAfee Labs on your behalf. Thank you for properly submitting

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
fppilot
Level 7

Jump to solution

That would be great! Will that take care of the issue for all future users for the guilty file?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

It will clear the file so no-one will get a detection it is not just you it will be cleared for, so yes.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As PK stated , it would be 'Whitelisted/Cleared through the 'Global Threat Intelligence Base'. Please be informed that I did indeed contact McAfee Labs on your behalf

We should hear something soon.....

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
fppilot
Level 7

Jump to solution

Great. How will I be notified when it occurs?

0 Kudos