cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkudlick
Level 7

False Artemis!921300FE45FD

I just installed Spytech SpyAgent to better monitor where my son goes  and what he types on his computer, but McAfee Security Center 11.6  (updated 05/16/13) with anti-virus DAT file dated 07/20/13 is  quarantining the sysdiag.exe file as a potential Trojan without giving  me the ability to trust the file. This troubles me, as this particular  build of this .exe file is dated 07/18/12, more than one year prior to  this latest McAfee anti-virus DAT file.

I was able to download  and run the installation file for SpyAgent with Real-Time Scanning  running, but the sysdiag.exe file was immediately quarantined. I turned  off Real-Time Scanning, restored the file, and was able to get the  monitoring software to function. As soon as Real-Time Scanning was  re-enabled, it shut down the monitoring and quarantined the file.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!921300FE45FD

For the mcafee detection if you think it is a false detection follow this

Read this and submit the file to Mcafee.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When you get a reply reply to it with The following

Subject line must say somthing like

FALSE:  being detected by McAfee as (Insert name of detection)

you could also add NOAUTO to prevent an automatic reply

Post the analysis ID here If no fix in 5 days post back and I will ping a lab tech.

Re Spyagent contact them but I would say that both detections are because the software is logging keys etc I assume and this is what malware do as well.

0 Kudos
jkudlick
Level 7

I submitted the file via the method described, but I have not yet received a response, not even an analysis ID.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Then maybe you incorrectly submitted it you should get an immediate reply back with an analysis id can you retry it please. Remember the zip file must be passsworded with the correct password as per the FAQ.

I always get a reply back as the reply is automatic. Please retry and I will immediately ping a tech once the id is available

0 Kudos
jkudlick
Level 7

I just resubmitted the file via email - the GetSusp utility was not allowing me to upload the zip file for some reason. I immediately received Analysis ID: 7671541 in response.

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

OK getsusp another way to submit it maybe your isp blocks that type of passworded zip.

Give them 3 days and post back if no fix and I will ping them.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' and Locking it as it is over (2) years old.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos