Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nightflight
Level 8

False Artemis!8DB7F4A6BAF3

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a programme here named Zyzzyva. It is owned by the North American Scrabble Players Association (NASPA) and used for word study/judge. My friends and I have been using it for years without any problems until recently. Installing the latest version (3.0.4) causes McAfee to quarantine it as a Trojan with the name above.

I am posting the link to the installer here because I have two problems:

1. It is too big (71MB) to send via email.
2. I cannot seem to set a password to it as requested.

Zyzzyva-3.0.4-windows-installer.zip - Google Drive

I hope that McAfee can take a look at the programme and review it.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nightflight
Level 8

Re: False Artemis!8DB7F4A6BAF3

Jump to solution

Hello , I am no longer experiencing any more issues. Thank you very much for all the assistance provided to resolve the issue.

Thank you too, for helping to forward the installer to the most capable technicians at McAfee Labs.

And I should thank the staff at McAfee Labs too, for taking the time and effort to run the necessary checks/tests to ensure the programme will not harm my computer.

Best Regards,

Yan Xiang

0 Kudos
16 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

In certain scenario's/cases this issue of the File being too large to send through normal means, as laid out in the Faq's arises. I have contacted a Colleague and copied to him the File/Program in which you inserted. He has a Method/Procedure he uses (DropBox) to assist in getting your Detection submitted to McAfee Labs.

Perhaps he will add to the discussion once he awakens. (His Geographical Location) being Australia. I might add that I feel uneasy leaving the Link with-in your post, due to the Safety of others. Or until McAfee Labs has Analyzed/Whitelisted.

It may very well be that the (New) Version has changed causing McAfee to Detect it.

All the Very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nightflight
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for assisting me to forward the file to your Colleague.

I have noted that it may be unsafe to leave the link to the file open. As such, I have deleted the file from Google Drive, and the link provided above no longer works.

I will wait for your Colleague or McAfee Labs to give a reply and see what they say. Meanwhile, the older version (2.2.1) still works fine. McAfee and Malware Bytes has not detected any issues with it yet.

Cheers!
Yan Xiang

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome Also thank you for making the Link inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding the reasoning behind it. We should hear something from my Colleague later this afternoon, when he awakens.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I might ask ,if I may. Where your Geographical Location is, as this will assist us in contacting the proper McAfee Labs Technician in order to proceed on your behalf? We have Technicians/Engineers all over the world.

From what we can deem, you are in/near China? Please confirm....

Thank you in Advance'

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Download the file and add it to a dropbox. I would then ask you to message me the link but the forum message system is well not reliable so I will email you my contact details. Once I have the link I will pass it onto the relevant tech for your area to check it out.

Or you can send an active link on google drive just not the 1 you posted

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you PK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nightflight
Level 8

Jump to solution

Catdaddy: My current geographical location is Singapore.

Peacekeeper: I have sent you the Dropbox link to the installer.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Sent off to our contacts

0 Kudos
nightflight
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help