cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanereiss
Level 7

False Artemis!8A2BB0CB204D

Jump to solution

This was found when attempting to install Syberia 2.  I can restore the file, but that doesn't seem to help with game installation, and I cannot move the file into the trusted area.  After this being a known false positive for so many years, I do not understand why it is still being quarantined by McAfee.  Please assist if possible, and let me know if further information is needed.

Thanks,

Lane

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
desertgal
Level 10

Re: False Artemis!8A2BB0CB204D

Jump to solution

Hi Lane,

The sample has been suppressed and marked clean in the system. You will see an update in the system within 2 hours.

Thank you!

DG

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Lane,

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to get your issues resolved:

All the very Best,

Cliff

Intel/McAfee

Community Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
lanereiss
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have sent the email.   What I'm very curious about is why this is still an issue for a game that is years old.  I have found other people asking about the exact same file from five years ago!  Why is it still being quarantined?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Lane,

Please be informed that after your submission, you should receive an Automated reply back with a Analysis ID# associated with it. After 3-4 days of allowing McAfee Labs to analyze/process. If your issue has not been resolved.

Kindly provide us with the Analysis ID#, then we can contact someone internally on your behalf, and escalate your case.

To answer your question in regards to (Why) McAfee still detects it ? It is quite often that the Software Version/Downloader/Unpacker has changed since it was 'Whitelisted'. Steam/Minecraft and other Games are known to be detected at the minimum as a 'PUP'

This includes other Anti-Virus Vendors as well. I hope you found this information to be 'Helpful'

Regards,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

I was about to close this thread, due to no further activity/responses. However I have taken the Liberty of Escalating on your behalf internally. Your Escalation Ticket Number is:Ticket #: AM000658 - False Artemis

Hopefully we will hear something in short order.

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Could you kindly follow Desertgal.s suggestions, and report back to confirm your issue has indeed been resolved? She is from McAfee Labs I might add.

Thank you in advance,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Could you kindly confirm if your Detection has been suppressed?

Thank you,

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
desertgal
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Lane,

The sample has been suppressed and marked clean in the system. You will see an update in the system within 2 hours.

Thank you!

DG

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As always,,,Thank you DG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos