mentir
Level 7

False Artemis!7F0E64D50F72

Jump to solution

Good day ,

i having problems whit a File needed for a mod

File is named : PD2APIDLL1.dll

Also found this from the makers of the mod

https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/file/d4686c58a78ea051891e94eef4a3b5cd216985b1b8cd9ece358cfacd7580c2...

https://hostr.co/pZMm7jt082vn
is the download link of it,

Greetings
mentir

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Level 18

Re: False Artemis!7F0E64D50F72

Jump to solution

The site "hostr.co" is blacklisted by TrustedSource and SiteAdvisor. Trying to get hold of a copy of the file from the link that you provided was difficult but I managed it.

Edit :  A page briefly appeared before SiteAdvisor kicked in, with a file name and a 'Download' button. The name of the file was "HoxHud-P1-Manual-install.7z" so that's what I downloaded.

HoxHud download page.PNG

Chrome didn't object to the download so I then uploaded the file to VirusTotal and ran a fresh check. The file is still marked as malicious by 19 out of 54 anti-virus engines but not - now - by McAfee nor by Microsoft, and those are the two I look for first.

Google Safe Browsing says the site has recently hosted malware, which probably accounts for the TrustedSource rating.

See :

TrustedSource report

VirusTotal report

Google Safe Browsing Report

Message was edited by: Hayton on 12/06/14 04:49:45 IST
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

What's the question you are asking? If 22 virus scanners report the file as bad, then there's a high chance it is.

I am guessing this is a cheat file for the Payday2 game?

0 Kudos
mentir
Level 7

Jump to solution

its not a cheat file, its a file for inproving the basic Hud of the game

Never had problems whit it, and just today it seemed to be a Wrong file

side note
http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/9/558754900071113715/

-edit-

secondly i use it as a anti-cheat that is build in so other team mates cant change ingame values

or the personal stats like Rank achievements    'ingame credits''

Message was edited by: mentir on 6/11/14 4:44:06 PM CDT
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

The site "hostr.co" is blacklisted by TrustedSource and SiteAdvisor. Trying to get hold of a copy of the file from the link that you provided was difficult but I managed it.

Edit :  A page briefly appeared before SiteAdvisor kicked in, with a file name and a 'Download' button. The name of the file was "HoxHud-P1-Manual-install.7z" so that's what I downloaded.

HoxHud download page.PNG

Chrome didn't object to the download so I then uploaded the file to VirusTotal and ran a fresh check. The file is still marked as malicious by 19 out of 54 anti-virus engines but not - now - by McAfee nor by Microsoft, and those are the two I look for first.

Google Safe Browsing says the site has recently hosted malware, which probably accounts for the TrustedSource rating.

See :

TrustedSource report

VirusTotal report

Google Safe Browsing Report

Message was edited by: Hayton on 12/06/14 04:49:45 IST
0 Kudos