cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Artemis!7E7BFA03FDA3 and False Artemis!D69B87F37CEA

Jump to solution
Hi Dear Sir,

My name is Sunny, Product Manager from Yet Another Cleaner (YAC) team. Currently, files of our product YAC has been flagged by Mcafee..

To be specific, there are two kinds of files has been flagged. One is our YAC iImportLib.dll files flaggd by Artemis!7E7BFA03FDA3 and the other is iSafe.exe files flaggd by Artemis!D69B87F37CEA , my colleagues Moe have submit the flagged files both by email and Getsusp.

To help us solve this issue, could you please share us some clues or suggestions to help us solve this issue.

Here are also some brief introduction about the flag files:

About iImportLib.dll, we wrap third party lib files like ziplib, 7z into this lib to make YAC core function avaliable. It also very common to wrap and use third party lib to during development of  antivirus software.

About iSafe.exe, user can open YAC client by double click this exe file, it is also very common use on opening software.

Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to your responce.

YAC Team

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!7E7BFA03FDA3 and False Artemis!D69B87F37CEA

Jump to solution

Hello guys, I'm sorry it took us this long, but I have whitelisted both of those files.  It should already be updated in the cloud, and should no longer be detected.

- David

0 Kudos
16 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Have you tried submitting the samples also by following these Guidelines/Instructions?

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Also have you received confirmations from McAfee Labs indicating your submissions were successful?

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes Sir, we received the confirmations from McAfee Labs like belows,please kindly have a check

2.png

1.png

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Check still an issue in 24 hrs if so CD will pass this up the line.

That extra.dat file is for enterprise products  are you running this to test if that dat improves things. I would assume not and if they think it is a false detection they would say file whitelisted or detection supressed.

I notice no analysis id for the isafe.exe file?

Jump to solution

Hey Sir here is a screenshot about the report of isafe.exe, I sent this report more than one week ago.

s.png

For the received extra.dat file,it is a temporary emergency program.For us YAC developer, not McAfee commom user,we need to remove the flag.

We hope this alert will be kindly removed ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

If not by tomorrow afternoon US time post back and 1 or us will pass the file requests up the line

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks PK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI Sir.Good morning~Is there any update now?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As I said in post #6, I have contacted a Technician from McAfee Labs on your behalf. It being the weekend it may be that he was off.  Let,s see if we hear something today, if not I will expedite your issue further.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good morning,sir

Did you get any feedback from McAfee Labs?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos