Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chorsey91
Level 7

False Artemis!76F44A542A1A

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I was recently trying to play an oldish pc game called 'American Conquest Anthology', it comes with three games and to play each of the three games the exe is called DMCR.exe. The issue I'm having is that two out of the three games are working perfectly and one of the games isn't. My Mcafee virus protection keeps qurantining the exexutable as an Artemis meaning that I can't play the game and everytime I try to restore it, it just keeps getting quarantined. I know its not a virus or anything as the other two games have the same executables under the same name and they work fine.

Help on this matter would be much appreciated, I only joined the forum today as I was reading around on the internet about this 'False Artemis' Problem, thus directed me to this forum. I am using Mcafee virus protection that comes free with BT called BT Protect Net Plus. More, specifically it seems to be the real time scanning that is causing the issue, the only way that I can run the game is by turning RTS off but that would be putting my computer at risk so I don't really want to do that!

Thank you for your time and I hope there is a way that my issue can be resolved.

Thank you again.

Message was edited by: chorsey91 on 5/9/14 8:25:18 AM CDT

Message was edited by: chorsey91 on 5/9/14 8:31:13 AM CDT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinoo
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!76F44A542A1A

Jump to solution

Sorry this took longer than usual. The file has been whitelisted now.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi chorsey91,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. Please follow the following threads,to resolve your Artemis! issue. This is similiar to the problem you are experiencing also. Please remember to (Re-enable) Real Time Scanning, after zipping the file and submitting.

As it states in these threads, please allow the appropiate time (4-5) buisness days for McAfee Labs to analyze. Save the "Work Item #/Work Item ID , and after giving it the appropiate time should it not be resolved. Please post back the (Work Item #/ Work Item ID.

I might add that Site Advisor flags the file in question as "Malicious"

The threads can be found HERE

All the Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/9/14 11:20:20 PM CDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
chorsey91
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the swift reply. I sent the zip file off and it came back that the automated analysis could not detect anything so it is being sent off for further analysis. Will post back here if I have any problems.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are perfectly welcome

I Might add, please save the Analysis ID # if needed for future use.

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/10/14 7:54:20 AM CDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
chorsey91
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi there,

As of yet I haven't had anything back regarding my issue around the false artemis problem with regards to my pc game. Is it possible to have it chased up?

The work/analysis ID is 8091603

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

CD asked me to stir a tech up so I pinged 1 to check the workitem id you provided.

So it is being looked into.

0 Kudos
chorsey91
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
chorsey91
Level 7

Jump to solution

I still haven't heard anything from the techs or anything regarding my false artemis issue. Could I expect to have the issue fixed within the coming week?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Depends when the tech is on I will re-email him and cc another tech as backup

0 Kudos
chorsey91
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the excellent customer service.

0 Kudos