Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyamoy
Level 7

False Artemis!5F3941628452

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee Tech Support Team,

My McAfee started to recognize a software that I have been using without any problem as Artemis 5F3941628452 through the automatic quarantined function. Now I cannot have the software in my computer anymore since McAfee kicks it out every time it appears in my computer. I can confirm that it is a false Artemis in this case, because I was able to install it and use it in my mom's computer. Can you please urgently assist this problem?

I greatly appreciate your help, and look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thank you,

Amy Z

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k3tg
Level 14

Re: False Artemis!5F3941628452

Jump to solution

Please follow the guidelines in to resolve the issue with your software program.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos
8 Replies
amyamoy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Btw, the software is called greenvpn.exe. I had no problem using greenvpn.exe with McAfee installed for the past 20 days. I believe starting either 2 days ago or yesterday, I encountered the problem stated in the original post. Here is the link to download the software:

Sorry link removed due to forum rules of not linking to suspect files please follow what K3tg suggested below and if no solution in 4 days post the analysis id number you get with the submission reply and we mods will escalate the case (moderator PK)

k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

Please follow the guidelines in to resolve the issue with your software program.

Tom K3TG

0 Kudos
amyamoy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Tom. Following the instructions that you provided, I have contacted the virus team. I can confirm that the problem has been solved and I can now use the software again. Thank you for your information!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad to see  all is OK   If I may...would like to take the opportunity to express the 'Gratitude" towards the Technicians/Engineers at McAfee Labs. For their continued Prompt/Professional assistance in regards to all of the False Artemis! Detections.

It is sincerely appreciated...

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

That was a fast turnaround 1 day?

0 Kudos
amyamoy
Level 7

Jump to solution

While waiting for people to reply me on this forum, I was able to find McAfee Tech Support phone number on the McAfee's website. I made a phone call and a guy told me to do pretty much what the instruction showed, except that I should send the zip file to virus_research@avertlabs.com. I then received a analysis track ID for my case. Later I sent logs and more details about the function of the software etc., along with the analysis Track ID to virus_research@mcafee.com. On Monday morning around noon, there was an engineer from McAfee called me to follow up what was going on. In the afternoon around 3pm, same engineer called me and said the issued should be resolved. I gave it a shot, indeed, everything is find and I can use the software again.

Overall, I would say calling the tech support team and the reply from this forum were really helpful. Also - I was really impressed by the efficiency of the tech team. I hope that whoever encounters the same problem can have it fixed quickly as well. Thank you everyone!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I must add also, I am glad that all is okay It is very seldom that McAfee Labs, gets there dues if you will. However, they have proven beyond any doubt, That given the time, and workload. To assist us Moderators/Consumers is most appreciative.

Sincerely,

CD/Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

I am glad McAfee has resolved your issue.

Good Luck

Tom K3TG

0 Kudos