Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slateythree
Level 7

False Artemis!5CDF42BFBB2E

Jump to solution

Analysis ID: 9511181

File Name Findings Detection Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

1. compname.exe        |inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [compname.exe]                                                                       

Little Vbscript/AutoIT utility to prompt for the name of the computer and then writes that value to the specified unattend.xml file for sysprep of systems.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!5CDF42BFBB2E

Jump to solution

This file has been whitelisted, and is no longer detected.

- David

0 Kudos
11 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I assume you received this back after your submission. I will contact a Technician/Engineer on your behalf from McAfee Labs.

All the best

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
slateythree
Level 7

Jump to solution

That is correct.  I submitted the file Wednesday morning to virus_research@mcafee.com

Thank you kindly.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome Although it almost being the weekend, we should hear something soon. As I always mention, allow 4-5 business days due to the large volume of detections on a daily basis. Some require more in-depth analyzing, while others may not.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I am about to leave for the weekend. I wanted to apprise you that I did indeed hear back from my Contact at McAfee Labs. It is under review.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I have returned from my 'Get-Away' to the Beach. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I am confident in the Engineers from McAfee Labs that they will apprise us, as soon as their Analysis is completed.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
slateythree
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you catdaddy for your follow up.  So far McAfee is not detecting it anymore and VirusTotal is also showing McAfee scanning it as clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/80ace62cb610d11efa831b15e5180037cd17951a372920b83d0c35586ca6b9b3/...

I will, of course, await official response on their analysis.  I appreciate you being so vigilant

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome Like you stated, let,s wait until we get a 'Formal' confirmation.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

This file has been whitelisted, and is no longer detected.

- David

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you David

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos