cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephsco
Level 7

False Artemis! 56BB98AFBF02

Jump to solution

The program is used for vehicle diagnostics, the reader is called OP-COM and the software name is OPCOM090714_EN_OK.exe I have been using this software for ages on other anti virus software, but since I moved over to Orange home broadband I decided to take up the offer of the free McAfee AV software.

Problem is it keeps deleting the file and putting it in to qaurantine, the only way I can run it is to disable real time scanning which I do not want to do, especially since I need to take my laptop outdoors to my car and use my wireless connection, so I would be happier if McAfee as running full protection whilst allowing me to use my software.

As I said it is used for vehicle diagnostics, I plug in the reader to the cars onboard socket, start up "OPCOM090714_EN_OK.exe" and run checks on my car, clear fault codes and so on.

Please can someone look in to this as I use "OPCOM090714_EN_OK.exe" on a daily basis and I do not feel safe being outside on a wireless connection with limited protection,

Many thanks in advance

StephSCO

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
showvik
Level 12

Re: False Artemis! 56BB98AFBF02

Jump to solution

Hi,

It usually takes two hours to relect the updates in production. However, in this case, it must have lagged behind for some reason. We have confirmed the fix now by running a targetted scan on the sample submitted under ID:678137. If you would like us to investigate the other false positives, kindly submit the related sample files and post the IDs here. We will surely assist you with a resolution.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

Submit the file zipped here and you will get an immediate reply. Reply to it changing the subject to False +ve and name of detection. Say in body of email why you think it is ok and where to download themselves if available.. Post the analysis id here and i will bump this up in 4 days if not answered/fixed before then.

0 Kudos
stephsco
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not sure what your message means, but I downloaded "GetSusp utility" and ran it, of course it came back as infected and saved the info in a zip file,

Number of the file is "gsusp_3C9D6D2EB5D8_091312_042926"

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Getsusp would have emailed Mcafee the infected file but unless yoiu added your email addy to the preferences they would not know who needs help. But what I asked was to grab the file zip it and set the password to infected and email it to mcafee at the address in the link. When they reply do what I suggested re changing the subject etc and reply back to them. Post the analysis id here.

0 Kudos
stephsco
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't email the file as everytime I try it fails, as Hotmail is detecting that an .exe file is inside the zipped file. I never had this problem when I was on Eset and only reason I installed McAfee is that it came free when I switched my internet provider to Orange.

I have just done Getsusp again but put in my email address, but I don't know what analysis id you are talking about. Seriously considering going back to Eset, atleast I could use the software.

0 Kudos
stephsco
Level 7

Jump to solution

Reference WorkItemID: 677162

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Ok getsusp did it some ISPs do not like zipped exes.

Will point a lab tech here

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the submission ID. We will analyze the file and get back to you with the result.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
stephsco
Level 7

Jump to solution

The reason I can see it thinking it is a trojan is the software is a scanner, it scans the cars ECU for fault codes and other info, so I assume McAfee is thinking/mistaking it as a trojan to scan computers. But I seriously need this software and an Antivirus that is on full protection.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Artemis!56BB98AFBF02 has been suppressed. Kindly allow up to 2 hours for this update to reflect in Artemis system.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos