cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abowden98
Level 7

False Artemis!567CF6BDFD1A

Jump to solution

I am downloading a Payday 2 mod called HoxHud which is approved by the developers of the game. I believe there are different versions of the Artemis depending on where you download it from but this is false. Please fix because when I restore the mod it crashes my name and when i manually reinstall it McAfee detects it as a trojan. Please fix this thing with HoxHud because it is getting really annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nkelly
Level 11

Re: False Artemis!567CF6BDFD1A

Jump to solution

Hi, this file has been analysed and confirmed to be non-malicious packed file related to a game mod. It should no longer be detected by GTI.

Thanks & Regards,

Nick

7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

This seems to be a re-occurring problem, especially with the (Payday 2 Mod - HoxHud ) and other Game related Downloads like Minecraft/Steam and so on. Like you said depending on where you Download it from, there is a reason for it repeatedly being detected.

All I can do is ask you, just as I have others numerous of times before, is to follow the Guidelines/Instructions from the following Link:

Please allow the appropriate time for your submission to be analyzed (4-5) business days.

You should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs, if submitted successfully. With your confirmation will be a Analysis ID #. If not resolved after the appropriate time to process. Please post back the Analysis ID #, and quite possibly we can expedite the process by contacting a McAfee Labs Tech.

You can also submit your False Artemis! through McAfee Getsusp, especially if more than one is involved. Please remember to enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning. You should also receive a confirmation that your submission was successful.

Again, allow the appropriate time to process. With Getsusp you will receive a Work Item #, as per other method of submittal, if not resolved in due time, please post back this as well. Getsusp is quicker to submit, especially if there are more than (1) detection.

Wishing you all the Very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

Best to search before you post...

https://community.mcafee.com/search.jspa?q=hoxhud

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nkelly
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hi, this file has been analysed and confirmed to be non-malicious packed file related to a game mod. It should no longer be detected by GTI.

Thanks & Regards,

Nick

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks again Nick

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you please confirm indeed that the file/program you submitted is Cleared/Whitelisted as per nkelly/McAfee Labs? Much appreciation to Nick for his assistance. Can we consider your issues resolved, and answered ,so as we can close this thread?

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Marking this thread as 'Correctly answered' as McAfee Labs Technician/Engineer Cleared/Whitelisted the detection.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos