cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiambo
Level 7

False Artemis!52713DF9D8CB

I was using the program for 2 weeks until today it detect it as trojan, which is a false.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!52713DF9D8CB

Submit the file exactly as laid out in the above FAQ.

You will if you did it correctly get an immediate reply with an analysis Id number if so wait 4 days if no fix by then post back with the ID number and we will escalate the issue. We have to allow the 4 day wait as the escalation is onlyto be done if no fix comes in the 4 day period.

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Even though you haven't provided the Analysis ID, which we need you to do, I have located the sample, and have requested a researcher analyze the file. I couldn't immediately whitelist the file based on it's behavior.

- David

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

The file is a .NET app which looks for Maplestory.exe one the machine and if it's there it will try and download what seems to be an update for the online game.

Need more information on how you received this file and if they have Maplestory installed on your machine.

There are several connections made to remote servers and one of them being 'Ellinia.net'

Can you please provide the details of how this file came to be, and what it's for?

- David

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Please let me know if you'll be able to help provide us some context around how this file is installed, and what it's used for, so we can make an informed decision.

- David

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

tiambo can you assist David in answering his questions if not we will have to assume you do not need further assistance.

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Hopefully we can get some more information from you, so we can progress.

Else, we'll have to close it out.

- David

catdaddy
Level 20

Due to no activity, and your not replying back upon numerous requests. I am 'Assuming this thread as Answered'. If you should require further assistance, please start another thread.

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos