cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exedexes
Level 7

False Artemis!50DFF763D986

McAfee keeps deleting the mud client wintin95 (wintin95.exe) with this Artemis tag.

Thanks

--D

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!50DFF763D986

The normal procedure for the user would be to follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the following Link:

Consumer

What To Do When McAfee Detects Legitimate Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & ...

Corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Post the analysis id number you get in the automatic reply here and if no fix in 4 days post back and I will stir up a tech to have a look at the detection.

0 Kudos
exedexes
Level 7

My initial post  in this forum was created essentially by following the second half of the Guidelines/Instructions in the link you've just provided.

I saw essentially two things 1) the initial email to the virus_research@mcafee.com box, then 2) my post here.

I'm not sure precisely what I was to do beyond those two things other than possibly to actually use the "send to McAfee" button in the Quarantined Items section following scanning that particular file.

When I attempt to do so, I get a Send Failed dialog box.  Was the analysis ID number something different from the 50DFF763D986 I supplied?

Or was it that the subject line of the post to the forum needed to be 50DFF763D986 by itself without "False Artemis!" in front of it, such that some automatic process would then follow?

I think I will have to send it as a passworded zip file manually.  That's likely why I don't have an analysis ID yet.

Thanks

--D

Update: the passworded, zipped file (I used 7-zip) has been sent as of 12:21am Pacific to the virus_research@mcafee.com box.  The subject line of that email is again False Artemis!50DFF763D986 like this post's original subject line.  Enjoy.

Further Update: the automated reply's analysis ID is: Analysis ID: 9222642 (from McAfee Labs - Beaverton)

Thanks

--D

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Will ping a tech to look into this detection. The send to McAfee seems broken been so a while

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Sorry PK....I failed to notice you offered your assistance already.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you kindly apprise us if your issues have been resolved? Or if quite possibly you require further assistance?

Thank You in advance

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Actually I emailed the tech 1 month ago so your post is needed