cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhaller92
Level 7

False Artemis!4C103D8B4B13

Jump to solution

Hello, I've recently made a purchase of Crimsonland on the Steam Store client. Once the download finished McAfee Realtime reported a file quarantined and blocked. I'm unsure if the software has had problems in the past but I find Steam to be a legitimate software service that wouldn't sell and distribute malware.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Artemis!4C103D8B4B13

Jump to solution

You can report a False Artemis detection and submit the software for clearance too if you wish:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You can report a False Artemis detection and submit the software for clearance too if you wish:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Once again, I was unaware that you were responding almost as the same time. (It Happens). The primary Goal/objective is that we both were giving similar advice to the OP.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Better two answers than none at all ;-)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/06/14 5:49:26 EDT PM
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

yep, Just wanted to you to know.

All the best,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

BTW.....Ever take a look at the "Name" of that Fella whom created the " Answer/Document "?

Chuckle...Nuff Said...

Have a Good One

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

HI rhaller92,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. If you have any reservations in regards to McAfee Detecting as such.

You can always submit your File/Program for submission to McAfee Labs. You can achieve such by following the Guidelines/Instructions listed with-in the Link below my Signature.. ( Last link)....

Please allow the appropiate time for analysis, (4-5) Buisness days. As you can imagine the detections McAfee obtains on a daily basis. Upon doing so, should your issue not be resolved, please post back the Analysis ID # associated with your submission.

Then if not resolved, we can expedite your submission in a manner to be resolved.

Wishing you all the Very best,

Regards,

Edited for typos...

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/20/14 4:53:55 PM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
rhaller92
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you both for the information. I'll proceed through the proper channels to see if I can get the file whitelisted.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good luck ;-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

All the best