cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonghongwen
Level 7

False Artemis!49FABA4E68D2 (Ragnarok.exe)

Hi

I am trying to play my Online game with this Ragnarok.exe, but my McAfee Internet Security keep Quarantined it, may I know how to I trusted this Item.

I have send email to  virus_research@mcafee.com, but I haven't received any respond for the Mcafee.

Kindly Help

Regards,

Adam

Zipped Attachment Removed until Analyzed\Processed by McAfee Labs

0 Kudos
14 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!49FABA4E68D2 (Ragnarok.exe)

Did you carefully follow these Guidelines\Instructions? The submission needs to be Zipped and Password protected with the word   infected  

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
wonghongwen
Level 7

yes, subjected : False Artemis!49FABA4E68D2, Submission zipped and Password protected infected.

any other I need to do ?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Did you receive a Analysis ID# back from McAfee Labs? The reason I ask is that will determine your submission was indeed successful. In addition, if your issue is not resolved in 3-4 business days. I can contact someone internally from McAfee Labs on your behalf. Which will expedite your case.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
wonghongwen
Level 7

I haven't receive any Analysis ID from McAfee Labs

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

How large was the zipped file? Was it over 10mbs?

Please be informed, that even though it is basically 'Breaking' protocol', I have contacted someone internally on your behalf.

Your Ticket Escalation Number is as follows Ticket #: AM000712 - False Artemis!  (Poster having issues submitting)

Hopefully they can still process.

Sincerely,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
wonghongwen
Level 7

zipped file 1.5mb only

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Then that would suffice. If you zipped and password Protected it using the word  infected   You should have received a Auto reply with a Analysis ID#? Anyhow I have escalated it on your behalf, hopefully they can Analyze\process it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

In case they did not get it and it sounds like it, scan the file at www.virustotal.com and post the link to the scan here. That also is 1 way they sometimes can get the file.

The link is the url shown after you scan the file

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thanks PK

​ Another way as well (Explained in that FAQ) is to run the McAfee Getsusp Tool. Simply make certain you enter your email address under (Preferences) with-in the Interface before scanning. The preferred method of course is to zip it and password protect it.

We will in all probability hear something back from my contact tomorrow as it is. I will apprise you if that is indeed the case.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos