cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infomplay
Level 7

False Artemis!49AC6411F87F

Jump to solution

our application mistakenly detected as a virus.

we tried to send it to mcafee detection dispute form (according to the manual), but did not receive a reply.

can you please add it to whitelist?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!49AC6411F87F

Jump to solution

That file has now been cleared  can you please check this is teh case and mark the thread as answered

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Try the other submission path for consumers rather than the corporate path and also getsusp see if it can detect and upload it

Both ways should get a fairly fast reply with an analysis or work unit ID number. Post whichever 1 you get and we will stir things up if no fix in 4 days. First thing is to get a reply.

How big is the file?

0 Kudos
infomplay
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok. I sent the file to virus_research@

Getsuspp does not detect it even if I enter email in preferences and upload it.

The file size is ~400kb

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I understand why getsusp did not pick it up no worry there did you get a reply email that proves it worked. there should have been an analysis id number

0 Kudos
infomplay
Level 7

Jump to solution

unfortunately I did not get any reply with the id numberSmiley Sad May be we can do it other way?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If I may interject, PK is most likely still asleep. As his geographical location is Australia. I am certain he will respond when picking up this thread. As he stated, there is a reason why Getsusp did not pick it up, no worry.

If you are indeed presently still getting a Detection upon accessing the File/Program. It may be that we could contact a McAfee Labs Technician on your behalf. However, I will leave you in the very capable hands of PK. Especially since he is assisting you on this issue.

Just thought I would add that....

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Not asleep only 7.15pm here. 

infomplay are you sure you zipped the file and password protected it with password infected 

Please retry it and if no reply friend me and message me a link to the file either on a website or dropbox.

I have noticed several users having submission troubles I even could not do 1 recently.

With the link I can email the labs guys directly and get this addressed but only if the submission does not work

0 Kudos
infomplay
Level 7

Jump to solution

ok. I sent the link to you

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

That file has now been cleared  can you please check this is teh case and mark the thread as answered

0 Kudos
infomplay
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks! For now it is ok.

I'm afraid that we update our software often and it could be detected again after new release.

0 Kudos