cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outlook461
Level 7

False Artemis! 4977632E5AC6 Trojan

Hello,

I have owned my software No Rift Rife for over 5 years now and the past week many of my customers are having trouble with McaFee deleting my

Files.  

False Artemis! 4977632E5AC6 Trojan  NoRiftRifePremium.exe

I use McaFee on my computer and when I install the software in just a few seconds it deletes the NoRiftRifePremium.exe

Thank you,

Calvin Aycox

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Re: False Artemis! 4977632E5AC6 Trojan

This got missed, apologies for that. Do you still have this problem?

0 Kudos
outlook461
Level 7

Yes, we still have the same problem.  

Please help.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Can you submit the file to McAfee for checking please?

See https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1265

0 Kudos
outlook461
Level 7

Here is the message i received below:

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158                                                 

Current DAT Version:6577.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                        

Analysis ID: 6850689

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

noriftrifepremium.ex|inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [noriftrifepremium.exe]                                                              

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

To find detailed information about viruses and other malware, please review McAfee    

Labs' Virus Information Library:                                                      

http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com                                                         

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

When they reply reply back changing the subject to false +ve and name of detection. In body of email add why you think it is not malware.

If no reply/fix in 3 days post back and I will escalate it

0 Kudos
outlook461
Level 7

they sent that message on Jan 2, 2012 and I have not heard bach since then.

thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

escalated

0 Kudos
vinoo
Level 13

Fixed - sorry this took so long.

0 Kudos
outlook461
Level 7

OK,  Thank you!!

Will this be fixed when a customer updates?

0 Kudos