cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Artemis!46ADB2F3A168

Jump to solution

This is software needed to run a CorelLaser plug-in that allows laser cutting machines to operate.

It has been falsely identified as a Trojan by McAfee, and is causing system failures throughout our customer network.

Here is the machine to which it is associated" Laser Cutter

Tom Piccirillo

Micro-Mark Division of Scientific Models

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: False Artemis!46ADB2F3A168

Jump to solution

Sure, you can consider it answered and thanks for your efforts.

But if someone told me 10 days ago it was rectified, I wouldn't have persisted, and we all would have had use of the file from that point.

Right?

0 Kudos
33 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to resolve your issues:

After a successful submission, you should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs. Associated with this will be a Analysis ID #.  Please allow 4-5 business days for your submission to be Analyzed/Processed. If not resolved by then, kindly post the Analysis ID # and I will contact a Technician/Engineer on your behalf and expedite the case.

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I followed the instructions and submitted to McAfee.

I hope they get to it soon, as I have 42 customers whose machines were rendered inoperative as a result.

Thanks

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

May I ask when you submitted your Detection? Also do you have a Analysis ID #? We always ask that one allow the time to be Analyzed, due to the volume of detections on a 'Daily Basis'

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Submitted today at 10:29 am New York time zone.

I received no information about an Analysis ID #.

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

In order for your submission to be successful, your detection needs to be (Zipped and Password Protected, using the word infected.

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected or ignored.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I didn't know how to do all that zipping stuff.

Can someone help me, please?

Tom Piccirillo

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You can also submit it using McAfee Getsusp, which should be in the Faq Iinserted. There is also a (Free) App called 7-zip to submit your detection.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

McAfee wipes the file from my computer the instant I try to load it for forwarding.

How can I submit something that McAfee won't let me access?

The Artemis number alone should be sufficient, don't you think?

Tom

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow the instructions with-in the Faq inserted.

To send it to the Threat Center outside of Security Center.....

First disable your virus protection:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Virus and Spyware Protection

Click Real Time Protection

Click the Turn Off button and tell it for how long to stay that way.

Then click Navigation (top right)

Click Quarantined and Trusted Items (below) & restore the item.

See....How to Submit a file to the Labs for analysis: http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat-center/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos