Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
383media
Level 7

False Artemis!44A6F721C8EA

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee Team/Community,

VirusTotal.com is showing that our product Driver Restore is being flagged twice by McAfee as malware/malicious software.  The website where the product can be easily downloaded is www.DriverRestore.com

McAfee:                       Artemis!44A6F721C8EA

McAfee GW-Edition:     Artemis

We have had other products of ours come up with a similar issue and had it quickly resolved.  Doing a Web Advisor Site report shows that the site is site is deemed 'Safe'.  Let me know if you need anything else from me to get this product EXE on your whitelist.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
desertgal
Level 10

Re: False Artemis!44A6F721C8EA

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

I verified in our database and the sample(False Artemis!44A6F721C8EA) is already marked as clean. Since you are regularly making updates to your product making new versions available etc, we suggest using getclean to submit every new build to us. By using getclean, this will avoid Artemis Detections in the future.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!

DG

48 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you are the owner of the Software, kindly follow these guidelines/Instructions to resolve your issue.Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Also an alternative suggestion is

All the Very Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

I might add that after a successful submission, you should receive an automated reply from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID#. After following protocol of waiting 4-5 days for your issue to be resolved. If that is not the case, kindly post back and provide the Analysis ID#.

And I will contact a engineer from McAfee Labs to escalate on your behalf.

Again,

All the Very Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
383media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Catdaddy,

Thank you for the info.  Do you have any easy method to know the Product and version, Engine Version, and .DAT version of the product that is flagging us? All we have is what Virus Total gives us so I just know the Artemis name and that it is the McAfee GW-Edition. I will try the 2nd link, but if we don't make that work I would like to be able to submit the Detection Dispute Submission form.

Thanks

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi ​,

Basically if you submit the False Artemis Detections and the Digits and password protect it, you should receive an automated reply back from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID #.

Simply follow those Instructions/Guidelines I inserted.

Due to the fact since it has been 5 days, if you still have difficulty post back and apprise me.

Regards,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi ​,

Please know that since it has been several days since your detection, I have contacted someone internally from McAfee Labs, in a effort to escalate your issue on your behalf.. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

All the Best,

-CD

Community Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Just to inform you, your 'Escalated Ticket Numbe'r is Ticket #: AM000493 - False Artemis

Regards,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
383media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Catdaddy,

Thank you for all the information and help with getting this figured out.  We really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Stephen

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

Normally we need an (Anaylysis ID#) hopefully the Engineer can whitelist it by using the Artemis 12-Digit Detection number.

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
383media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Catdaddy,

Hope you are well.  After learning how to properly submit a false positive detection we finally submitted this issue.  However, we did not receive a confirmation and don't have an analysis ID#.  Have you heard anything on your end?  We should have submitted under the email so but it could also be under Personal Email Addresses Removed for your safety, and per

Thanks,
Stephen

0 Kudos