cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talravis
Level 7

False Artemis!3F397D935D73

Jump to solution

I am and have been playing a mod for the game Freelancer, but I have recently run into a standstill after they updated the mod to their new version.

Now, it is marking the file DSAce.dll as Artemis!3F397D935D73 and is quarantining it every time I try to run the game. This file is needed for the game to run properly and it will not function properly without it. Attempting to connect to online multiplayer servers results in a crash to desktop and the file reappearing in the quarantined files section.

I have attempted to send an email to virus_research@mcafee.com to no avail as Gmail blocks the file from being sent due to a "Virus Detected". As such I have attached the .zip file below and the password is of course infected, all lowercases.

I am fairly certain that the file is not a virus.

Thanks.

Tal

Message was edited by: talravis on 11/8/13 7:23:01 PM CST

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/11/13 6:22:27 PM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinoo
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!3F397D935D73

Jump to solution

The file has been whitelisted. Give it ~25 mins for the false detection to go away.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

First please do not post attachments that have or are said to have viruses there are other ways to do this.

For instance run getsusp after to restore the file from quarantine (You may need to disable real time scanner while you do this

Add your email addy to the program's preferences. Getsusp will submit the file to Mcafee .

That said I will forward the file above to Mcafee as a secondary path.

getsusp can be found here

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/11/13 6:23:38 PM
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Submitted and got reply back with expedite this the analysis id is

Analysis ID: 7801302
0 Kudos
talravis
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've received the extra.dat file, but unfortunately I've run into another wall as the Program Files/Common Files/McAfee/Engine folder seemingly doesn't exist for me and I'm not certain where else to put the file. I have McAfee Total Protection.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Ah ok I assume you have version 12.* that does not use dat files so I'd better ask where these go in 12.* versions.

Be back when I get an answer

0 Kudos
vinoo
Level 13

Jump to solution

The file has been whitelisted. Give it ~25 mins for the false detection to go away.

0 Kudos