cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celia
Level 7

False Artemis!3A2DAFDA23B7

When installing the AMD Product Verification software, McAfee quarantines the downloaded file: \Downloads\AMDProductVerification.1.0.25.99\Application Files\AMDProdutVerification_1_0_25_99\AMDProductVerification.exe.deploy

This prevents me from installing the software, which is from a trusted source.

How can I install the software if McAfee keeps on quarantining the install files? Restoration from the quarantine doesn't work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!3A2DAFDA23B7

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions:

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
celia
Level 7

Those instructions told me to post in this forum

"If something is identified, maybe wrongly as "Artemis" then McAfee already knows about it.  Merely send an email to virus_research@mcafee.com with the Artemis detection name and the words "False Artemis!++++++++++++" (where ++++++++++++ is the 12-digit code given to it) as the subject line. (Minus the "").  Also post  in the Artemis forum with the Artemis number as the header and put an explanation in the body of the post.  That gives you a double chance at getting it dealt with quickly."

I'll go ahead and submit it outside of Security Center as well though.

catdaddy
Level 20

I see...Did you receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID #? Actually if that indeed is the case, it was successfully submitted. Due to the Large volume of detections on a daily basis (150,000 or more) Please allow 4-5 business days to be Analyzed/Processed.

If not resolved by then, we can contact a Technician/Engineer at McAfee Labs and quite possibly expedite the process. Thank you for your patience....

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos