cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigglenorf52
Level 7

False Artemis!342E9F6B48EE

Hi there - I am an individual user of McAfee All Access Total Production.  I am trying to install an application that I purchased, but McAfee is reporting the Artemis above.  There are many people who I know use this application (hundreds if not thousands), so I believe it is safe - however, I do not know positively.  What is the process for having this investigated?  I sent an email to virusresearch@mcafee.com on 9/12 but have not yet received a response.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!342E9F6B48EE

Did you zip the file up with a password of "infected" without quotes if you did you would have gotten back an automatic reply with an analysis id. Retry the submission and post the id number here as if you do not get a fix in 4 days we can move it up the line faster.

0 Kudos
nkelly
Level 11

Hi,

I checked and the file has not been received, would it be possible to send the file in a password protected .ZIP with the password infected, to the email address virus_research@mcafee.com please?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

U can send it again zipped and password protected. Who re you asking I cannont send it. When you email it there will be an immediate reply. That way you will know it was received.

0 Kudos