cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrothra
Level 7

False Artemis!31E8EC05A73D

From software called "Emperor: Battle for Dune" by Westwood.  It worked fine and McAfee had no problem with it until June 10th.  I emailed  virus_research@mcafee.com and now I'm posting in here per the instructions listed here on McAfee's forums: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

The file "emperor.exe" is still seen as a trojan, which it is not.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!31E8EC05A73D

Do you by chance have an Analysis Id # in which you should have recieved back from McAfee Labs, confirming that your sample was indeed submitted,and is under analysis? It would help us to expedite the process with it.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jrothra
Level 7

I have never received any reply to my email from June 10th to McAfee, so I don't have that number.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Then by simpy stating that, could very well be the reason why McAfee still detects it as such. Did you follow the procedures and guidelines suggested , in properly zipping the file and submitting? This may be all that needs to be done.

You can locate also how to submit samples/False detections below my signature.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jrothra
Level 7

I re-sent the info, inlcuding the file in a zipped folder.  Here's the analysis ID: 9020558

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you Jrothra   Now please allow the appropiate time for McAfee Labs to analyze. Usually 4-5 business days, or sooner. If your issue has not been resolved by then, Please apprise us of such. Then we can attempt to take measures to expidite the process.

Edit; I assume you included a password as well.

All the very best,

Regards,

on 22/06/14 12:29:56 EDT PM
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

As you got the analysis id reply email I assume everything going normal now. You have to as CD says wait a few days to let the checking process work but is no fix provided within 4 days post back and I will stip the techs up.

0 Kudos
jrothra
Level 7

Cliff and Tony,

Thank you for your assistance.  I'm optimistic that I won't need to post about it because it'll be resolved by Friday, June 27th.  However, should it not be, I'll follow up here.

John

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You,re welcome. As Tony stipulated, let,s let the process go it,s course and if needed, let him know

All the very Best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos