cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrichte9
Level 7

False Artemis!2FE00F3FA08E and False Artemis!367F5BB32B9B

Artemis!2FE00F3FA08E and Artemis!367F5BB32B9B were falsely detected as being malware by my McAfee Internet Security software.  Both of these detections are related to my Systweak Advanced System Optimizer 3 software, which is a trusted software program that regularly accesses computer system files.  I already reviewed those threats via online remote support from a McAfee Technical representative, who (with no manual workaround possible) recommended that I send this note to have these detections added as exclusions to the McAfee virus definition file.

Is anyone else experiencing similar false detections and/or does anyone have any further recommendations?

Thank You,

Jim

0 Kudos
14 Replies
jrichte9
Level 7

Re: False Artemis!2FE00F3FA08E and False Artemis!367F5BB32B9B

BTW, Artemis!2FE00F3FA08E and Artemis!367F5BB32B9B are associated with the files “ASOHelper.dll” and “Privacy Protector.exe”, respectively.

Thx Again,

Jim

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I might add that 'Privacy Protector.exe' is a Rogue Security Product, which installs additional Malware /Adware. I would advise you to run the Latest McAfee Getsusp Application First ( Please add your email address under Preferences before scanning.

This will add the detections to McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. Then I would run Malwarebytes (Free) read instructions carefully in order to keep it (Free). I would follow up with AdwCleaner. Then of course you can submit the Artemis! Detections following those Guidelines if needed.

You can obtain these Superb (Free) Tools from here: 

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please try following these guidelines/Instructions; 

(Note)  Each Detection has to be sent individually.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jrichte9
Level 7

CD, thx much for the useful advice.  Per the recommended instructions, I have sent McAfee the file samples and below additional info:

Product:  McAfee Internet Security 14.0

Build:  14.0.1421

Affld:  550-413

Product:  McAfee Antivirus and Anti-Spyware 18.0

Engine:  6587

Build:  18.0.4254

Engine:  2447.0

DAT:  6587

Most Appreciated,

Jim

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Did you zip it and Password protect each sample using the word infected? if submitted successfully, you should have received a confirmation from McAfee Labs with an Analysis ID #.  Also I would run the forementioned Applications I suggested during the interim. Should you indeed do so, please post back your results...

All the BEST,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I might add also, in regards to your McAfee Security Center Version/Build, judging by your (Affid #) you are a tad behind. Version/Build numbers 14.0.5084/5120/and 6120 are in the pipe line. I am uncertain if you obtain your Suite from your ISP/Manufacturer?

Hopefully you will be updated soon.

Btw...You are most welcomed

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

a quick question.... you stated

DAT:  6587

Where did you find that information?  The consumer software hasn't used DAT's for over a year now.   Or is it just a typo?

Also let us know if it gets updated soon because, as Catdaddy said, it seems to be an old build.

This is the current one (new builds are being released slowly):

Capture.JPG

It might benefit you to run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds updates for you:  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

What operating system is this?

0 Kudos
jrichte9
Level 7

Ex_Brit, thx much for the helpful advice.  The DAT number is a typo -- that data field was included in an online example and I accidentally copied the engine number to that field and forgot to delete it.

Most Appreciated,

Jim

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good.  It might be a good idea for you to run the MVT as suggested.

0 Kudos