Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mezzoman
Level 7

False Artemis!2EECC56707D6

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently downloaded an Internet Time server program from Thinkman.com call Dimension4. It's used widely in the amateur radio community to keep accurate time. It had been working for a week or so then a scheduled scan took place and the D4.exe file was quarantined. There was another Artemis!5B73E70C3FD8 involved which appears to be the installer d4time531.msi.

I tried to restore them from the quarantine, but to no avail. I will say now that the quarantine display shows many many cookies from a few years ago and I can't delete them. That's a separate issue, but doesn't help as it makes the application run extremely slowly.

I've sent the email as requested, and posting here as requested in the guide. Hope I've done everything ok.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6

Jump to solution

I've reviewed the application, and whitelisted it. ( I also whitelisted the .msi file from thinkman.com's website.

- David

22 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If your submission was successful, you should have received a confirmation from McAfee Labs. Associated with that should be a Analysis ID# Due to the large volume of detections on a daily basis, we recommend allowing 4-5 business days, to be processed/Analyzed.

At that time, if not resolved please kindly post back and furnish the Analysis ID#, then we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf. To expedite your issue. I might add also, each Artemis! Detection needs to be sent individually, zipped and password protected ,using the word infected.

If you followed these Guidelines/Instructions:     All should be well.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mezzoman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Catdaddy,

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I did the correct things in the email. I'll read the Appeals link and resend both this time.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome   You should receive an almost immediate confirmation when submitted successfully.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mezzoman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi again,

Having big trouble creating the files to send. Because they aren't in the display list, they should be but aren't, I can't send them that way.

I'm using Vista Home Premium and that doesn't support passwords for zipped folders.

I have 7-Zip, which should allow me to do it, but can't seem to find how it's done it that.

I'll get back to you.

Rob

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You may find the following discussion Colleague Peacekeeper had, in regards to using 7-zip most informative   Again each individual detection needs to be sent.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mezzoman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Catdaddy,

I'll have a look a that link and get the grey matter working.

Rob

Edit: Not on the affected PC so can't try things until at least Monday now.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I see...We will be around...

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mezzoman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Further to my last post. I have been unable to do anything on the PC today, and will be unavailable for a week or so. I'll try the method you recommended from Peacekeeper in your post when I get back.

As for the cookies I use CCleaner at the end of most sessions. That's not the issue though, they show up in the McAfee quarantine window where you can delete/restore but are not in the quarantine folder!

I'm using  McAfee Security centre Version 14.0 build 14.0.339 last update was 17/06/2015. Anti-virus & Spyware Version 18.0 build 18.0.177 updated 14/09/2015.

Not tried Quck clean as yet.

I'll try when I get back next week.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

It seems that you have more issues than simply a Artemis! Detection. As soon as you can find the time to dedicate towards us helping you in regards to your problems, Please post and advise. For one thing, your Versions/Builds seem to be lagging far behind than what they should be?

For example you stating your last 'Security Center" Version/Build was last updated on June 17/2015 - 14.0.339  The most current Version/Build is v14.0.4121. Granted if you subscribe through your ISP/Manufacturer you will lag somewhat behind, due to no fault of McAfee I might add.

I assume that you are current and up to date with your Windows Updates/Add-ons and Internet Explorer. Even if you do not use it, McAfee and other vital programs do and require it to be current. In addition for your daily Updates/Engine Versions to be kept current, you need to have it operable on a regular basis.

To continue further assisting you, please contact us at your nearest convenience. So that we can work towards a resolution to your problems.

All the Very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos