Level 7

False Artemis!2EA0A668093F

Jump to solution

I am a programer from Information center, bureau of Education Tainan

City Government.

VirusTotal report my program is a malware like this

McAfee   Artemis!2EA0A668093F 20150909
  McAfee-GW-Edition    Artemis

but this program is a client of our primary school score system  I designed and compiled .

I am pretty sure this is not a malware.

Please help me fix the false postive detection.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!2EA0A668093F

Jump to solution

Please follow the instructions/suggestions to expedite your issue.Colleague Peacekeeper is quite correct, use the password infected ( in lower case letters). Otherwise it could lead to your Email to be ignored. That perhaps is the reason you have yet to receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs.

Perhaps I should have sent you this Faq instead:    Please see the following instructions with-in this Guide.

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected or ignored.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If this is your personal Software you designed, please follow these Guidelines/ Instructions:Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs Or this submission method:Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

May I ask, are you running the Consumer Version, or Enterprise Product?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sammywang
Level 7

Jump to solution

My program is a client for primary school score system from Information center, bureau of Education Tainan

City Government.

These are over 5000 users (teachers) use this system.

Maybe there are some teachers use mccafee

I check if this program be detected as maleware from virustotal.

Result like this

Image 1.png

if teacher use mccafe, this is a problem.

I have report this false postive to avira and kaspersky. and they have confirmed this is a false postive.

So please remove this false postive from your virus database.

0 Kudos
sammywang
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have mailed the sample download url to virus_research@mcafee.com

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Did you Zip it and password protect your submission, using the word INFECTED?

You should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID#.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
sammywang
Level 7

Jump to solution

No.

I didn't mail the zip file,I mail the file download url.

Because I think this is Fasle postive detection.

I didn't use the word INFECTED. I used  False Postive instead.

I didn't  receive any confirmation from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID# yet.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Use infected (small letters) anything other will cause the email to be ignored as mentioned in CD's first post

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow the instructions/suggestions to expedite your issue.Colleague Peacekeeper is quite correct, use the password infected ( in lower case letters). Otherwise it could lead to your Email to be ignored. That perhaps is the reason you have yet to receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs.

Perhaps I should have sent you this Faq instead:    Please see the following instructions with-in this Guide.

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected or ignored.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please know that we are attempting to do our very best to assist you in getting your issue resolved. Should the case be after allowing the Appropiate time for McAfee to analyze/process your detection it is not resolved. We can contact McAfee labs on your behalf in a effort to expedite your case.

Having said this...In order for this to occur We need a Analysis ID# to furnish the Lab Technicians/Engineers in order for us to proceed any further.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos