cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
programmer_0
Level 7

False Artemis!26BFA748B28E

Jump to solution

Submited my file 5 days ago with no luck. Can we speed-up the process? Also, McAfee-GW-Edition marks the same file as "BehavesLike.Win32.BadFile.tc". Why this two products give different results?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Artemis!26BFA748B28E

Jump to solution

The two entries are caused by two different types of content that are used by different products.  I've whitelisted the file both ways, so you should be GTG.

- David

8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You should have received a Analysis ID# along with a confirmation from McAfee Labs that your submission was successful. Could you kindly provide us this, so as we may proceed further?

Regards,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
programmer_0
Level 7

Jump to solution

Analysis ID: 9984636

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will escalate on your behalf. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

programmer_0,

Could you kindly confirm that your issues are now resolved? I took the liberty of marking David Dmier's answer as Correct, as he is from McAfee Labs.

All the very Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
programmer_0
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, resolved. Thank you all for all. I am now waiting results from ResearchLab for my another submitting, for another file with false alarm by McAfee-GW-Edition (BehavesLike.Win32.Autorun.vc). Analysis ID: 9987330.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad that your other Detections are resolved. In regards to the additional one, we have a 'Protocol' to follow before escalating a case. Due to the large volume of detections received on a daily basis. We have to give it 3-5 business days to be analyzed/processed.

In some cases dependent upon the type of Detection,some are whitelisted quicker than others. If your issue is not resolved with-in this amount of time, kindly start another thread and provide us the Analysis ID #. Since this thread has been resolved, I am closing it as 'Answered Correctly'

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I've sent a chaser in for you.  Some files can take longer to clear.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

The two entries are caused by two different types of content that are used by different products.  I've whitelisted the file both ways, so you should be GTG.

- David