cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goalie33
Level 7

False Artemis!172153E919A9 will not remove - false or not?

Have been getting this "Potentially Unwanted Program Blocked" serveral times per day... computer has been running fine.  Is it false?  How do I get rid of it?

The "remove" button does not seem to do anything.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!172153E919A9 will not remove - false or not?

It could quite possibly be a 'False Positive'. Try following these Guidelines/Instructions to get it Analyzed/Processed :

It could very well be a Potentially Unwanted Program, once they analyze it we will know for sure.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
goalie33
Level 7

Thank You.  I had read that in the forum and have emailed the address virus_research@mcafee.com as suggested.  The answer I received was "All product-related questions and comments can be addressed through technical support. Contact Information for Technical Support can be found at: http://www.mcafeesecurity.com/us/contact/home.htm." and when I went to that link it came back "broken" so I am not sure if they will be looking at my problem or not.

The link that you provide above suggested to email virus_research@mcafee.com and also post here.

Is there anything else I should do or just wait for the response to the above email?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

To get a successful submission, you need to Zip it and password protect using the word  infected   .  Upon a successful submission, you should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID #

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
goalie33
Level 7

I will try that.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are quite welcome If your issue is not resolved with-in 4-5 business days. Please post back the Analysis ID #

associated with your Detection/Submission, and I/we can contact McAfee Labs to escalate your issue.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you please confirm if your issues have been resolved? Or do you still need assistance? If no further response or activity with this thread, we can only assume it as answered.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Have you received a confirmation from McAfee Labs, indicating a successful submission?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered', due to no further activity. Kindly start another one,if you experience further issues.

Thank you,

Cliff Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos