cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Artemis!15dfe942626

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am Android dev. manager from PicsArt.

Our users are getting Artemis!15dfe942626 issue constantly while scanning their devices.

PicsArt is a popular app having 80mm MAU.

We have checked app and didn’t find any vulnerable files.

Please do have a check , and clear this as false alarm, I have also sent an email to virus_research@mcafee.com

Thanks,

Margarit

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ksmith02
Level 8

Re: False Artemis!15dfe942626

Jump to solution

Hey Margarit,

I Suppressed the Artemis detection and also re-scanned the files as well. Please allow 4-24 hours for the changes to be replicated out.

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
15 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow these Guidelines/Protocol to resolve your issues:

I might add that you mentioned you sent an email, please zip the file and password protect it with the word 'Infected', You should receive an auto reply back from McAfee Labs,with a Analysis Id #. Following protocol, allow 3-4 days for resolution. If not resolved, Kindly reply back and provide the Analysis ID #, and I will contact one of my contacts internally from McAfee Labs. And escalate your issue on your behalf.

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks catdaddy.

I scanned it with Gsus and it didn't find anything.

I've sent the apk file through email (as a reply to my first email). The apk is in a password protected zip.

The problem is that our APK is 48MB I'm not sure will it work in that case. As I saw in the guidelines the zip should be 10MB.

How should I proceed in this case?

Thanks,

Margarit

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Margarit,

Thank you for following protocol. Sometimes in certain instances we do experience this issue. I will contact someone internally on your behalf, and work towards a resolution. As soon as I hear something back, I will immediately update you.

Please be informed that your escalated Ticket Number is as Follows Ticket #: AM000680 - False Artemis!

If the Technician should need further assistance in order to analyze, we can try proceeding to the next step in order to help you get your Detection submitted.

Regards,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Cliff.

We need this to be fixed asap, as our users get virus notifications and we are enable to fix this.

One more interesting point is that - the issue on the same apk is not being shown until it is in published in PlayStore and already has "X" amount of updates.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Generally due to immense intake of daily Detections for McAfee Labs, we are asked for the users to allow 3-4 days for the labs to analyze/process. By already escalating I have done so....

In addition, it is the weekend...

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Due to the fact ,you are the owner of the software in question.Here is another method:

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
desertgal
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am not seeing the sample in our database. Can you please re-submit the sample to us? I need the sample of the MD5 that is getting detected to analyze and mark clean. You mentioned you submitted the sample to us, did you get an automated response at all? If you did not then it is possible it did not go through. Please re-submit.

Thank you,

DG

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

As I mentioned above our apk is 48MB and so all I could do is upload it to GDrive and send the link in the email with Subject :

"Re: False Artemis!15dfe942626"

Please let me know in case there is a better way to submit the sample.

Thanks for your support,

Margarit

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

I have followed you, could you kindly follow me as well and accept? This way I can have you send a Private message in an effort to get your Detection submitted using another method.

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos