cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwhetsell
Level 8

False Artemis!0E99D41FA097

Jump to solution

According to VirusTotal, McAfee is incorrectly flagging our installer executable as malware, specifically:

McAfee: Artemis!0E99D41FA097

McAfee-GW-Edition: Artemis!Trojan

The installer executable is attached, and also can be downloaded here: Download Removed as it is deemed 'Dangerous' by Web Advisor/McAfee

The latest VirusTotal analysis for this executable can be found here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/381ffa4e1e44d9e6c9088a53c5780c78664210d9cb880026596241d1a711a58f/...

This executable was created with Advanced Installer by Caphyon Ltd. (http://www.advancedinstaller.com), and installs a VSTO add-in for Word 2007 and later.

I’ve sent an email to virus_research@mcafee.com. Please let me know what other steps I should take to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bwhetsell
Level 8

Re: False Artemis!0E99D41FA097

Jump to solution

Cliff, thanks. I think this is resolved already (an email from Intel Security on Aug 30 says that our installer was whitelisted, and McAfee looks OK on VirusTotal).

8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I deleted the attachments as it's against company policy to post them in this forum.

Please read this. and if you are the software owner in particular the line halway down that is bold blue.

0 Kudos
bwhetsell
Level 8

Jump to solution

As recommended in Technical Article KB85568 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85568​), I’ve submitted the executable to datasubmission@mcafee.com; and I’ve submitted a dispute using the Detection Dispute Submission form (Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs​).

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good, if you fail to get satisfaction after 5 working days please post the case ID # on the return email here and I will alert one of my contacts..

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Please be informed that I have contacted a Engineer internally from McAfee Labs, on your behalf. Hopefully we will hear something soon.If you could provide a Analysis ID#, that would be most helpful as well.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bwhetsell
Level 8

Jump to solution

Cliff, thanks. I think this is resolved already (an email from Intel Security on Aug 30 says that our installer was whitelisted, and McAfee looks OK on VirusTotal).

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Great ! Thank you for confirming I was simply making certain.

All the very best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bwhetsell
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just so you're aware, I'm not sure an analysis ID was ever assigned (I can't find anything like this in any of the materials I got about this).

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

No Problem, as they have whitelisted it .

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos