cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FALSE: Artemis!93D3036559E2

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I am fresh in this community, so at first I will say hello

My name is Stefan and I am a software engineer in a company which develops software for the German statutory health insurance. Our software bases on SAP and I develop the most time in ABAP language. Additionally in my free time I programmed software to simplificate the development process in the SAP context. Therefore I develop a tool for SAP GUI Scripting, which automate user interaction. And now I have trouble with this tool with a virus alert in our company.

Sine version 3.00 of my tool detects McAfee enterprise Artemis!93D3036559E2 resp. McAfee-GW-Edtion Artemis in my tool, Tracker.exe. Funny is, that in the version 3.01 - with tiny bug fixes - McAfee doesn't detects malware. But actual in the version 3.02 - which is only compiled with a newer version of the compiler - it detects Artemis again. So I send this morning the complete package to virus lab of McAfee, as it described here. This afternoon I found another description here which proposes to send more information.

Well I hope I can offer this information here:

• A list of all files contained in the sample submission, including a brief description of where or how you found them
    COM.ps1 - PowerShell script for COM support
    Hinweis.txt - Text file with hints
    Recorder.dll - Library which contains version information about Recorder.exe
    Recorder.exe - Executable which records user activities on the SAP GUI for Windows
    Scintilla.dll - Library for the editor
    Snippets.xml - XML file with code snippets
    Tracker.chm - Help file
    Tracker.exe - Main program, Scripting Tracker
    Tracker.ini - Preference file of Scripting Tracker
    TypeLibInfo.dll - Library to analyze SAP GUI Scripting APIThe complete set of files can be found http://tracker.stschnell.de/tracker.zip
  • What symptoms cause you to suspect that the sample is malicious
    McAfee virus scanner detects in Tracker.exe Artemis virus
  • Whether any security products find a virus
    Only McAfee virus scanner detects Artemis
  • Your McAfee product information
    McAfee enterprise with signature files from 08.08.2016
  • Any system details that may be relevant, including operating system and service packs
    Windows 7, x64

Thanks for your support.

Cheers

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
desertgal
Level 10

Re: FALSE: Artemis!93D3036559E2

Jump to solution

Hi stefanschnell,

Your application has been suppressed and marked clean. You should see an update in the system within a few hours.

Thank you!

8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

It looks as though you tried to follow protocol. If the file/program being detected is your personal software, you can try also submitting by following these instructions Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs . In any case after a successful submission,you should receive a Analysis ID# associated with each detection.

Should the case be that after 4-5 business days, it is not cleared. Kindly provide us with that and we can escalate your case on your behalf.

All the very Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Hello Cliff,

thanks for your answer and the additional link to the instruction - good to know

Now I will wait of the answer from the McAfee virus lab and report here again.

Cheers

Stefan

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

I took the Liberty of escalating your case, and 'Desertgal' being an Engineer from McAfee Labs has whitelisted your detections. Could you kindly confirm this is the case.

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Hello Cliff,

thank your very much for your activity and your effort, your support is great

I confirm that McAfee doesn't detects Artemis any longer.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Stefan

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad that all is Okay Now.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
desertgal
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi stefanschnell,

Your application has been suppressed and marked clean. You should see an update in the system within a few hours.

Thank you!

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick assistance DesertGal

As always appreciated....

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Hello desertgal,

thank you very much for the good news and your effort.

Cheers

Stefan

0 Kudos