cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mholliday
Level 7

FALSE Artemis !930F5B60E151

Jump to solution

I have reported this False Atemis to virus_research a few times in a zipped file named Infected, password protected with the password infected.  I get the auto reply below.  But I have never heard back.  As of today I've tried to install our software on a few customers computers and it is still detecting it and quarantining the file.   This is our software application named Accord.exe.  Please advise.

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5700.7163                                                 

Current DAT Version:7934.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                        

Analysis ID: 9572346

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

accord.exe          |inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [accord.exe]                                                                         

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: FALSE Artemis !930F5B60E151

Jump to solution

We've been able to confirm the file is clean, and marked it as such in our database.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Are you still having issues attempting to install your software? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

All the Best

CD/Catdaddy

Volunteer Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mholliday
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I am still having issues installing and running the accord.exe file on my customers computers.  Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you for your correspondence. I will contact someone from McAfee Labs, and escalate your issues.

Especially since you indeed have an Analysis ID #.  Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Thank you for your patience,

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

( Update) I just heard back from my contact at McAfee Labs. Due to being inundated/short of staff has delayed his response thus far. However, he is fully aware of your issue . Thank you for your patience....

Sincerely,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you please confirm that you no longer have an issue?

All the very BEST,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'm having the file reviewed in detail, and will respond back once we can make a determination.

- David

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you David...

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

We've been able to confirm the file is clean, and marked it as such in our database.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks again David

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos