cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeholroyd
Level 7

FALSE ARTEMIS! AC8B8EDDEC47

File detected as Artemis. It is a necessary file for updating the data on the VW Parts Catalogue ETKA.7.5

Can the malware label be removed from this file, as McAfee is constantly moving it to quarantine, when it is needed.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! AC8B8EDDEC47

Please try following these Guidelines/Instructions to get this application Analyzed/Processed:

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mikeholroyd
Level 7

Used Getsusp to report this, got this reply even though the program is both harmless and necessary

McAfee Labs Sample Analysis

Thank you for using the GetSusp tool to submit your suspicious file(s).

Synopsis:

The status of each file in the submission after an initial analysis is as follows:

SR Number               Creation Date                WorkItem ID        Machine Name

=========               ==============               ===========        ===========

None specified          3/11/2016 5:44:54 PM         2026371            OFFICEDESKTOP

+-----------------------+----------------------------------+--------------+-----------+--------+

| File Name             | MD5                              | Findings     | Detection | Type   |

+-----------------------+----------------------------------+--------------+-----------+--------+

| etka data  update.ex_ | ac8b8eddec477ffd4a174735b3db7feb | not_detected |           | TROJAN |

With thanks

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you for furnishing the Work Item ID#, I needed it in order to escalate your issue if the need arises

I am glad you were capable of submitting.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

( Note )  I have made a 'Notation' that you have (2) Artemis! samples submitted, opposed to only one.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Should be able to resolve this one by tomorrow.  I'll post back.

- David

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you David 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos