Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Exploit cve 2012-1723

This java trojan has taken hold of my computer.  It has disabled most of the services within my system.  I have found removal downloads in mcafee site but I get a warning that they may harm my computer.  Is this true or is the trojan trying to prevent its deletion, also how can i get rid of it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Exploit cve 2012-1723

"Removal downloads" where?  Try System Restore to before it all started and if you can't access that in regular mode it should work in Safe Mode, reached bgy tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up.  Also in the last link in my signature you will see a download link for Malwarebytes.   It can be downloaded, installed, updated and run all in "safe Mode with Networking" if necessary.

0 Kudos
Level 17

Re: Exploit cve 2012-1723

Try Ex_Brit's suggestion of using System Restore. You may need to re-install Windows and/or McAfee updates afterwards.

CVE 2012-1723 is a Java vulnerability that was patched by Oracle back in June, so you have an outdated version of Java on your system. If you don't need Java, the best advice is to uninstall it. If you do need it, follow the advice in this Microsoft blog post -

The vulnerability is one of many that the BlackHole Exploit Kit looks for. This kit may well have downloaded other malware onto your system, so scan with the latest McAfee DAT update and also with Malwarebytes free version. If you really want to be certain that your system is clean it pays to run checks with a range of AV detectors - Microsoft's Safety Scanner is a good one to use.

More information :

Edit - see also

Message was edited by: Hayton on 16/08/12 15:42:53 IST

Message was edited by: Hayton - added link to Eset blog -  on 26/08/12 22:45:33 IST
0 Kudos